Chapter 1: Clasic Books and The Storage Room

(Robin's POV)

Money, dollar signs, family budget, income , outcome. That's all I would ever hear my parents say. Let me introduce myself. I'm Robin Hunt.

Yes I know you are probably thinking to yourself , that name sounds familiar, well you're right you probably have heard my name before. My family owns one of the largest electronic distributors in the world. Hunt & Bowman Inc.
If you're wondering the Bowman family are our business partners and one of our closest family friends. They have two sons and a daughter . Her name is Ana she and I are good friends. She's 22.

A couple years back I introduced her to my best friend Daniel Stryker. His family owns Stryker & Stryker computer works. Our families are always talking about how merging both companies would be a great idea since basically forever! We have known each other since we were little and he is like a brother to me. He and I hate being called rich; we think it portrays us as arrogant and snobby, so whenever we can, we avoid saying our last name.
We always avoid crowded places where paparazzi and reporters can easily prey on us; asking us if rumors of company feuds and other issues were true.

~Flash Back~

"Are the rumors true?" The reporter asks, shoving a microphone in my face waiting for an answer. I'm pulled away by Daniel as he quickly crosses the street, leaving the reporters on the other side of the busy intersection.

"Remind me to thank you later," I say, breathing heavily from our mad dash across traffic. He laughs but then looks back, noticing the traffic light changing to red; the reporters surging ahead like a herd of cattle. After telling me to follow him, we frantically burst into the public library at the corner, causing a few strange looks our way.

A girl our age walks towards us, trying to stifle a laugh. "What are you-" Suddenly she seems to remember where she is and who she is and, before she changes her demeanor, a look of disappointment and yearning flashes by her eyes, but it's quickly replaced with a forced cheerfulness. "How may I help you?"
"Um...I know this sounds kinda weird but...we need somewhere to hide," I say, looking over my shoulder. After a second, she nods and tells us to follow her.

She leads us through the maze of
bookshelves, through different sections, and when we pass through the classic books section, I can't help but stop, a huge smile appearing on my face. I love classic books like Romeo & Juliet , Pride & Prejudice , and The Secret Garden.

"Are these all classics?!" I gape at all the different books; their colored spines making a unique rainbow. Daniel rolls his eyes and leans close to me, so no one else can hear what he's saying.
"You're doing it again, Robin. Don't embarrass me..."
I look at him.
"Um, in front of who exactly?"
He doesn't say anything and looks away so I glance at the girl. Then I get it and start smirking back at Daniel. He rolls his eyes again.

"To answer your question, yes, they're all classics," the girl laughs. "Personally, not my favorites, they're kinda more towards the boring side..."
"Tell me about it," Daniel scoffs and I hit him on the arm.
"Actually classics are VERY entertaining! They are literary works of art; collected and created throughout history, written by unbelievably talented and inspirational role models skilled at crafting literature! The Iliad, along with the Odyssey, is one of the oldest works of Western literature still read today, and is usually dated to be from around the eight century BC. You know, I love those books! Have you ever read a classic? Seriously, they're-" I stop talking because I notice they're both staring at me. "What?"

They both stare at me, and I stare back. Then they look at each other and burst out laughing. Now I'm confused. Do I have something in my hair? Absentmindedly I smooth my hair down.
"What? Seriously what's so funny?" I ask, looking between both of them. The girl shakes her head while laughing.
"Nothing," she says, and then she holds out her hand. "I'm April, by the way."
"Robin," I reply, shanking her hand. "This is Daniel."
"Hey," he says.
I look back the way we came from over my shoulder. "Um, I think we really need to...hide...now." April nods.
"C'mon, follow me."

We weave through the different
bookshelves until we reach a desk in the middle of a space with comfy chairs and tables. Someone's at the desk, but he's looking down, going through papers and folders.
"Hey, Philip, I-well, we- kinda need your help," April says, and the guy behind the desk looks up at her. He has dirty blond hair and emerald green eyes. He smiles shyly.
"What can I do for you guys?" He asks looking at all of us, and when he glances at me, his smile grows a little bigger. I feel myself blush.
"We need the key. For the storage room."
Phillip raises his eyebrows at April, a questioning look on his face. She rolls her eyes.
"C'mon please we need it. Like, urgently." Phillip raises his hands and laughs.
"Ok, ok! Here." He hands a ring with three keys on it to April, and as she turns on her heel to the back of the library, I hear her thank him over her shoulder, and then she's hurrying off, with Daniel behind her. Phillip turns to me.
"Care to tell me what you need that for?"
I laugh, feeling my cheeks turn red. Again.
"Um, we're kind of hiding-"
Before I can finish, he looks past me and he looks surprised for a second.
"Hiding...from them?"
I whirl around, and, sure enough, I see a few reporters looking around, trying to find...well, us. They can't see us from here though, but it's only a matter of time.
"Um...yeah."
He smiles.
"Ok, well the storage room is over there to your right." Phillip winks at me. "Don't worry I got this."
As I run to the back of the library, I hear Phillip behind me, talking to the reporters who found the information desk he's behind.
"No sir, I have no clue who you're looking for. Why would they come here? I think you're in the wrong place..."

The voices fade away as I turn into a
hallway marked 'Employees and Volunteers Only'. Pretty soon, I reach a door that reads 'STORAGE'. Taking a breath, I turn the brass knob and push it open.

-Author's Note-
Hello! BrighterThanTheSun here and and I just wanted to introduce myself and tell you guys that I worked very hard on this story and it's my pride and joy. Also I wanted to thank anyone who is reading this right now! You are AWESOME!!!
COMMENT~
VOTE~
READ~
- DISCLAIMER: This story and all it's crazy plot twists belong to and were created by me, BrighterThanTheSun!
**Thank you flying_higher_ for the amazing cover!!**