Chapter 5: Disaster On The Dance Floor

II "Hurry up!" Daniel screeched for outside the bathroom stall. "You try and take off and huge ball gown in a four by four stall! It's not easy buddy!" I knew I was in store for a come back so I spoke before he could think of one. "You aren't even suppose to be in here!" I could hear him chuckle from the other side of the door, even though I didn't know what was so amusing.

I open the stall door only to hit him in the face with it. "Ow!" I couldn't hold it in. "HAHAHAHAHA!" My cackle could probably be heard from outside but I couldn't help it.

I looked at myself in the mirror and saw what could have been the skimpiest outfit that could have ever been conceived by my closet (and considering that my wardrobe mostly consists of old band t-shirts and over sized hoodies, that's really saying something).

Of course as I reacted horrified but there was a very different expression on Daniel's face. His eyes seemed like they would pop out of his head at any moment and his jaw dropped so low it almost touched the ground.

A crop top, cut off Jean shorts, a chocker, black converse, and full makeup. I don't think he'd ever seen me like this. How he found theses articles of clothing I would never know. I reached over and closed his jaw for him. "Close your mouth you'll catch flies." He shook his head trying to focus. "You ready to go?" I asked. "Y-yeah lets go." He stuttered. We left.
________________________
"Invitations." The muscular security guard outstretched his hand to retrieve the dark blue envelopes in my hand. His eyes skimmed over them and handed them back to us and opened the door.

When we got in the party was at full swing, everyone was on the dance floor not caring about anything else beside the music that was being blasted out of the giant speakers. "How did you even get those invitation?" He didn't bother to answer because the person who seemed like the host strutted up to us. Just when things couldn't get worst.

"Daniel? Man I thought you weren't going to make it!" He walked into the light and I realized who the host was. Andrew Black. God I hated him. He was the golden boy at Holtman High. Star player on the football field. He thought he could get by in life with his good looks and charm. He dated every girl in our class. Except for me because I declined many times, but that didn't stop him from asking me again and again and again. He was so arrogant it made me sick.

They greeted each other with that strange guy hug/handshake (which no one ever understands). "Yeah I didn't think we would make it." Then he turn toward me a had a big goofy grin plastered across his face. "So Robin how about you and I get out of here and go somewhere quieter?" He winked. Gaahh I wanted to barf. "How about we do that when pigs fly." I said rolling my eyes. "Fine. But you're missing out." Then he walked away.
I turned over to Daniel poked him in the gut. "Ow! Why'd you do that?" I didn't hesitate to answer. "You know I hate him! Why didn't you warn me this was his party!" I wasn't mad at him just at the situation. "Well would you have come if I told?" "No." "Exactly, now can you please try to have fun?" I rolled my eyes. "I'll try but I guarantee nothing." All he did was laugh. "Come on let's dance!" He grabbed my hand and pulled me into the crowd.

----- Time-skip ------ (3 hours and 10 drinks later)
Who knew that after some drinks the world could be so colorful! Definitely not me. I'd always been a goody two shoes never had more than one drink. That will all change after today! I wonder what a hangover feels like? I wonder if cats really do have nine lives? "1,2,3 JUMP!" The DJ played the drop and everyone went nuts. I looked up at Daniel. I don't think I'd ever seen him have this much fun. He wasn't drinking since he was our designated driver. The song finished and I walked(more like stumbled) to the the snack table.

"Hey beautiful." I wonder who that could be (notice the sarcasm). "Andrew. You seem to be even more drunk then I am." He didn't respond just laughed. "Dance with me." He said it more of a command than a question. "Not a chance." He put on a pouty face. "Please." God he never gives up! "Will you leave me alone if I do?" He smirked. "I will." He closer. "But you won't want me too." I raised an eyebrow. "You get one dance. One, you hear me?"

He out stretched his hand. "Loud and clear." He took my hand and led us to the dance floor.
The song wasn't slow, but it wasn't fast either. He took this opportunity to put his arms around my waist. So I left my arms on his forearms. We were moving to the beat. But this song seemed to never end. Just as I was getting a little more comfortable with this situation I felt his hand slowly slide lower. So I grabbed his arm and put it back on my waist. But to no prevail he slid it down again.

"Back off Black!" I yelled pushing him with my hands. "Not a chance Hunt." He said trying to take hold my arms. "I said back off!" I screamed hitting him across the chest. This time people noticed. He tried to hold me back again just as I heard I familiar voice come from the crowd.

"She said back off!" He turned around to face the boy with the familiar voice. "Or what Stryker?" Daniel of course! My eyes were too blurry to focus. "You really don't want to mess with me Black." He said in a strong voice. "It's not like she's your girlfriend! Why should you care?" I don't know weather he was blushing or he was angry but Daniel's cheeks lit up like a Christmas tree. "That's it!" Daniel punched Andrew right in the nose causing blood to gush out his nose.

That's when all hell broke loose. Punches flew right and left. "That's enough guys!" Finally someone had the courage to break them up. Daniel wobbled back and I caught him before he tripped over his own two feet. "Thanks Ryder." I nodded to Ryder. He was one of our old friends from Holtman High. "No problem."

I looked at Daniel's ripped up face. His forehead was bleeding and he was probably going to have a black eye in the morning. "Oh my god! Daniel you dummy, why would you fight with Andrew?" He half smiled. "Because you're worth fighting for." I tried not to smile but it was almost impossible. It wouldn't matter anyway I could already feel the heat crawl up my face.

"Come on, we have to get home." he said holding himself up. We walked out to the valet parking stand to get our keys back. I shivered it was already November and here in New York it was already starting to cool down again. "You're cold, here take this." Daniel started to take off his jacket and put it around me. It smelled like him.

"You've been drinking so I'll drive." I didn't protest. The drive was quiet we didn't speak.

When we got to my house he carried me bridal style up to my room and gently dropped me in my bed. Just as he was about to leave I finally spoke again. "Don't leave yet." He didn't protest or even speak, he just pulled up a chair and sat next to my bed. He kissed my forehead. It was long and meaning full.

"Why are you acting so different today?" I had to know because I knew he never acted this way. "Because I know you won't remember any of this tomorrow." He smiled. I didn't answer, I just laid there thinking about how much I wanted to remember but I knew he was right. I'd had to many drinks to remember any of this in the morning. So I just laid there staring at him. "You should get some sleep, tomorrow your head will hurt like hell." I just nodded and let sleep overcome me.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Authors note:
Hi! Ok so this chapter is waaayyy over due so there it is. Thank you for all your patience! I know I barely update but I have a lot on my plate this time of year BC of finals and yeah so again I'm sorry and thank you for supporting me!
And remember .....
COMMENT
VOTE
AND NEVER STOP SHINING!!!
~BrighterThanTheSun