Chapter 48- MIA

(Izzy's POV)
"Louis!" I screamed into my phone.

The line went dead seconds after I heard the gun shots. I drop my phone and begin grabbing my stuff and throwing it into my purse. I still have a terrible headache from the airport, but I'm more focused on making sure my boys are okay.

"Mom! The boys are in trouble! We've got to go help them! Hurry!" I yell into the empty house.

Seconds later my mom appeared with her car keys in hand.

"We better move then," she says.

We both rush out to the car. I make sure to buckle up. We can't all die on the same day.

My mom calls Simon while she drives.

"Simon! What's going on? Are you okay? Are the boys okay? Simon talk to me," my mom says frantically into the phone.

There's a long silence from my mom before she covers the mouth piece of the phone and looks at me.

"Louis got shot in the leg and Harry is MIA," she whispers before returning to her phone conversation.

Harry can't be missing in action... I still have so much to tell him.

My phone starts ringing in my pocket. I pull it out and see Louis' name flashing on the screen.

"Louis are you okay?" I ask immediately.

"I'm fine Izzy, are you on your way?" He asks.

"Yes I am, I think we should be half way there," I respond,"why?"

He takes a minute to respond.

"Louis what are you not telling me?" I ask in a threatening tone.

"Iz, I think your nightmare is coming true, just a little twisted," he says.

"What do you mean Louis?" I ask.

He just hangs up. A couple seconds after that, we pull into the studio parking lot. I jump out of the car as soon as my mom stops. I spot Louis sitting on the back of and ambulance. Why he isn't at the hospital? I don't know.

"Louis William Tomlinson," I say to get his attention.

He whips his head in my direction and tried to stand up, but a paramedic pushes him back down. I rush over to give him a hug and kiss his cheek.

"Wanna explain it to me now, since you can't hang up on me," I almost demand.

"Izzy, you have to hear the message that the police found on Harry's phone," Louis says.

"Harry's phone? Why do they have Harry's phone?" I ask frantically.

"He must have dropped it, but here listen," Louis waves over a police officer.

The officer takes the phone out and starts playing the voicemail. The voice is obviously changed by a machine, but I can easily hear what they are saying.

"Harold, you have one week. Kill the girl, or we will kill you. You have three days before we show you that we mean what we say. Look at it as a warning before the deadline," the voice said.

The message ends and we all stand there letting it soak in.

"This message was left three days ago," the police officer said.

"So this is the warning," I say.

"Yes, but that means when they return him, he has 4 days to kill a girl that we don't know who is," the police officer says," Do you have any idea who it could be?"

I look up at the police officer and lock eyes with him.

"Absolutely not," I say.

The police officer takes the answer and walks away.

"When someone says absolutely not, they are absolutely lying," the paramedic next to Louis says before disappearing.

I look at Louis. We have to figure out something. We can't just sit around and wait for Harry to magically reappear, but we can't tell the police the truth.

"So, what's the plan?" Louis asks up to me.

I think about it for a second.

"The best thing we could do is tell the police everything we know, but we both know we can't do that," I state,"If these people want Harry to kill someone, they have to let him go eventually. He has four days left until his deadline, so he should be back by tomorrow. Until then, we need to figure out who he is targeting. We don't know for sure if it's me, but I can't be ruled out."

Louis nods and looks at the floor. I sit next to him and put an arm around him.

"No matter what happens, we need to be here for each other," I say into his ear.

"I'm not going any where," Louis says.

I truly hope he means that. If this really is my nightmare, he is the only one who can save me.

--------------------
(A/N)

I know this is a short chapter but I'm trying to wrap up the story. Are you all enjoying the story??

Please leave comments I love feedback!!

Vote/Comment/Share

-Gabby