Chapter 26- Bad Media

(Harry’s POV)

“Hurry up! Jay said there aren’t many seats left,” Niall whined in my ear.

“Niall, unless you want us to get pulled over, I suggest you CALM DOWN,” I say back.

He slides down in his seat and pouts. Liam is holding back laughter. I am driving us all to see Izzy’s swim meet. Liam is sitting next to me, Niall behind me, Louis between Niall and Zayn, and Perrie and El in the very back. Somehow, we all fit.

“We are here,” I say as I park the car.

An instant cold breeze hits me. I turn around to see Niall already running into the building.

“Oh gosh he is whipped,” Louis shakes his head and scoots out.

“That would only be true if they were actually dating,” Liam points out.

“Oh you haven’t seen their texts?” Zayn asks confusing us all.

Everyone is now out of the car and we are making our way inside.

“Um, no, why would I have seen their texts?” Liam asks.

“Because Niall leaves his phone in the most obvious spaces and doesn’t have a password,” Louis shrugs.

“No, we haven’t seen the texts. Why are they important?” Perrie asks sounding annoyed.

El gives her a weird look but Perrie shrugs it off.

“Niall asked her out about this time yesterday,” Louis says holding up Niall’s Ireland flag iPhone.

“Oh, ok, I get it now,” I say as I push open the heavy double doors to the school.

I see a sign that points to the pool and follow it. Everyone follows behind me.

The screaming gets louder and the air gets warmer. I see the pool and we walk into the closed room. Grayson is the first person I spot because he is waving us over to him. We go over there and sit on the bleachers next to him.

“Ok, so how do these meet things work?” Liam asks as we get comfy. Rachel is sitting next to him.

“Well, there are heats and races. Those benches are where the teams sit. When their heats and race is called, they go swim. Then, as Izzy puts it, they swim for their life,” he explains.

We all nod and try to let it sink in.

“When does Izzy race?” I ask.

“Heat 2, race 3,” Rachel smiles brightly at me.

I never noticed how upbeat she was. She is literally always smiling.

“What heat is it right now?” El asks.

“heat 5, race 2,” Grayson smiled at her.

El nods and turns back to the pool. Louis kinda glares at Grayson before putting his arm around El.

I watch as eight girls line up at the edge of the pool. They pull on goggles and fix their swim caps.

“On your mark!” a guy yells.

A few short seconds later, a buzzer sounds and the girls dive into the pool. They swim to one end, flip, then swim back and climb out of the water.

“Well, that was fast,” I comment out loud.

“Yep, that’s how races usually are,” Louis remarks.

I reach in front of me and smack him in the back of the head.