Chapter 19- Just School

(Izzy’s POV)

Ok, breathe Izzy. It’s just school. Just keep your head down and nobody will notice you. I hope this works…

I walk into our small school and instantly avoid eye contact with everyone.

“Over here Iz!” I hear Jay whisper yell at me.

I quickly turn left into the cafeteria. I follow her in the band room and plop down on the floor. Rachel and Grayson are already there.

The band room is like our little hide out away from our classmates. We aren’t really the most accepted people in the school; we are the smart kids.

“Ok Iz, spill the beans,” Grayson says taking a bite of a carrot stick.

Grayson isn’t a nerdy looking kid, and he isn’t the smartest kid either. Gray used to be in the popular kids group, but he switched to our group when his friends started picking on us. He is the perfect dream guy. His hair is a light brown that is just long enough to cover his forehead. He wears snapbacks and Aeropostale clothing. He is probably even Barbie’s dream guy.

“Well, there isn’t much to say. My break was pretty normal. It just sucks that tomorrow is my last swim meet. I have practiced almost every day over break,” I shrug.

“That isn’t what I was talking about,” he sends me a playful glare.

I knew exactly what he was talking about. He wanted to know everything about Harry.

“Why have I seen you in magazines and being called Helen?” he asks.

“Because of Harry,” I say.

Just saying his name makes me smile.

“Harry? As in THE Harry Styles,” he asks almost choking on a carrot.

“Yes, but he isn’t Harry Styles to me. He is just Harry,” I say looking at a random spot on the floor as my mind drifts to him.

“When will I get to meet this Harry kid?” Gray keeps the questions going.

“Today after school, he is picking me up,” I say.

I stand up and grab my bag off the floor just as the bell rings. I knew if the bell didn’t ring, Grayson wouldn’t have stopped asking questions.

I make my way to class with just a few rude comments thrown at me. It’s surprisingly better than usual. I sit in my assigned seat and pull out my science book. I start reading the assigned pages and ignore the world around me.

Suddenly, my book is closed and I am forced to look at who closed it. Kaycee.

Kaycee is the captain of the school cheer squad and top most popular girl in the school. She used to date Grayson, but he broke up with her when she started picking on us. She never stopped picking on me.

“Hello Ms. Ugly,” she smirks at her ‘rude’ comment.

“Hello Ms. Popularity,” I shoot back.

She gives me a glare, but it is soon replaced by her usual fake smile.

“A little birdie told me that you have a thing with Harry Styles of One Direction,” she says.

“Well did you know that sometimes little birdies lie?” I ask sarcastically.

“Are you saying it’s not true?” she asks with a little hope evident in her voice.

“No, it’s true, but it’s not official yet,” I smirk back.

She pauses for a moment and gets closer to me.

“Honey, he is just using you. You’re just his charity case. Management probably told him to get close to a fan for more publicity,” she says sounding almost smart.

“No, he isn’t using me. Kaycee, you don’t even know him. You know THE Harry Styles, not the REAL Harry,” I say opening my book back up.

“Believe what you want, but don’t come crying to me when he dumps your fat butt for someone actually worth his time,” she says walking away.

Don’t listen to her Izzy, she is just jealous. You’re not fat. You’re worth his time. He won’t leave you for a walking, talking twig.

The bell rings and I am instantly up and out of my seat.

The rest of the day consists of me zoning out during every class and every conversation. I can’t get Kaycee’s words out of my head.

“If he does leave you for a girl like Kaycee then I will kill him,” Grayson says as I pack up my work to take home.

“I don’t know. I mean, what if she is right? I’m not the skinniest or the prettiest. What if he is just using me for publicity?” I wonder out loud.

“Then he doesn’t deserve you. It’s not true though. Kaycee has always been a total witch,” he says putting his arm around me as we exit the school.

I instantly see my favorite curly haired boy leaning against his car talking to someone. Grayson removes his arm from me and we get closer. I can easily tell who he is talking to, Kaycee. I clench my fists and stop dead in my tracks. Harry was laughing and Kaycee kept inching closer to him. Grayson notices my uneasy state and coughs loudly. Harry’s eyes instantly look over to us. His smile grows and he walks past Kaycee to get to me. Kaycee glares at me as Harry embraces me in a hug.

I pull away from Harry and take a step closer to Grayson.

“Harry, this is my best guy friend Grayson,” I introduce them.

“Hey,” He says shaking Gray’s hand.

“Hey. Listen here Styles, if you hurt her, I hurt you,” Grayson says visibly crushing Harry’s hand.

Harry nods and yanks his hand away. Grayson has a small smirk on his face.

Did I ever mention Grayson is the football team captain? Yeah, he is really strong because of it.

I look away from Gray and back to Harry. I notice a small hand slide over his shoulder into view. Kaycee soon appears from behind him.

Rage fills my body.

Woah, Iz, why so jealous?

“So Harry I was going to ask, before we were rudely interrupted, did you wanna hang out tonight?” Kaycee asks with a flirtatious smile and her shirt hanging a little lower on her chest than usual.

“Um, no, sorry, I have plans with Izzy tonight,” he shakes her hand off her shoulder.

A smirk subconsciously forms on my face.

“Why waste your time with that fat idiot when you could be with me?” she asks acting innocent.

My smirk disappears and Harry and Grayson both open their mouths to speak, but I don’t stick around to hear what they have to say. I’m done with this day.

I walk out of the parking lot and head in the direction of the park.

If he actually cares about me, he will come to the park. If he isn’t just using me, he will chase after me. Only if…

-------------------

(A/N)

OK! Merry Christmas! Sorry it’s such a late update, but it’s a longer update! I was only home for like 4 hours yesterday and most of them were spent getting ready to leave. Haha so what did you guys get from Santa and others?? I got the One Direction perfume! AH! Haha! Comment and tell me what you got!

No, more importantly, what did you give?

I gave my brother a dress shirt, tie, and orange tic tacs. I got my great grandma a little glass ladybug.

Ok so comment and tell me all about your holiday and I promise I will reply! This update is my gift to you, your comment would be a gift to me!

Happy Holidays everyone!! I will update again soon!!!

Vote/Comment/Share

-Gabby