Chapter 39- Each Other's Angels

(Izzy's POV)

I woke up in someone's tight grip. I turned over to see my favorite curly haired boy fast asleep. I smiled and flipped back over, not wanting to get up.

I looked around for something to do so I didn't have to get up. My eyes landed on a brown leather book on Harry's bag. I picked it up and opened it to the bookmarked place. Harry's handwriting filled the page.

I read through the words and tears began to form, but I pushed them away. I felt Harry move next to me and I looked over to him. He sat up and saw the book in my hands.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to snoop," I said, closing the book and handing it to him.

"It's alright, I don't mind if you read it. No one else though," he said with a tired smile.

He pulled me back down so we were snuggled up. We were both on our backs, he had one arm around me while I rested my head in his armpit.

"What did you mean about me saving your life?" I asked, breaking our comfortable silence.

I turned on my side so I could look at his face. He stared at the ceiling and opened his mouth.

"The day I met you, I was going to leave the world," he said.

"As in kill yourself?" I ask, resting back on his chest.

"Yeah," he said without emotion.

"Why?" I questioned.

"Well, I will just tell you the whole story," he let out a small laugh.

A few seconds went by before he started the story.

"Our fans can be the greatest and the worst. They are amazing most of the time, but a few are just rude. They expected me to change and be who they wanted me to be. They started horrible rumors about me and called me terrible things. I just got fed up. I had no hope left in the world," he sighed," This was our last stop of tour, so I thought it would be just a perfect end. I woke up and decided that was the day. The boys didn't know my plans, they didn't see it. I went out to Starbucks to get my favorite drink one last time. I heard you singing our song and thought, hey why not pick up one more girl? Then we got to talking, and you were different. You got me hooked. I forgot about everything else, and just focused on you."

"I went right back to our hotel after you left. I went to the bathroom and stopped for a second. That was the moment I made a choice. I could either continue with the original plan of the day, or if could chase after you," he said.

"And you chose me?" I asked, a little shocked.

"I chose you, and it was the best decision I made," I could hear the smile in his voice.

"But, why did you chose me?" I asked.

"Because I saw the difference in you. I knew there was something about you that I needed to figure out. Something told me you were the angel I had been praying for," he said.

"But I'm no angel, I'm not even close," I said, grabbing one of my wrists with the other.

"You are an angel though. Angels are fragile and need to be treated with care. Otherwise they could get scarred. When you meet an angel, it saves you," he said grabbing my hand and looking at my wrist.

"Then you would be my angel, not the other way around," I said, wanting to pull my worst away from him.

He leans in and kisses the scars one by one.

"We are each other's angels. You saved me, and I saved you," he said in a poetic manner.

"I love you," I say wrapping my other arm around his torso and burying my face in his chest.