10

I slipped out of my coat and laid it on the sofa by the window, sitting down and unzipping my boots. I set them on the floor and stretched my feet for a moment. They ached terribly from the long day and the gorgeous, yet not-so-comfortable boots I stubbornly wore today.

When I bought them, I was with Nick in a cute market. He had watched me as I tried them on, asked for my size, modeled them to him and paid for them. The entire time he told me that I'd regret it, that I was buying them for how pretty they were and not how good they felt. He knew me all too well, and he saw right through me when I first walked with them and felt the harshness of a heel with no platform. Still, however, I bought them because they were absolutely gorgeous.

I didn't bother looking at him as I rubbed my feet and stretched my neck. The stress of Ximena Guzman and everything going on dissolving into a little buzz in the back of my mind. It gave enough space for the anger I felt towards Nicolas to resurface and fill me with urges to fling him out the window into a bush of thorns. 

Speak of the not-devil, he watched me silently from the bed as I did what I did. I knew he wanted to say something and break the ice. The entire car ride here he had the look of trying to grow the guts to speak. He knew I was mad, he knew why and he was nervous.

Good. I could almost smirk in satisfaction. Instead, I made sure not to look at him.

"You want a massage?" He finally spoke. I dragged my eyes to him and looked at him bored. He scratched his neck and curved his lips into a boyish smile. 

Asshole. He's well aware of my love for those smiles. He uses it to get his way whenever he can. But, not today. I'll make him squirm today. I didn't respond and looked back down at my fee and continued rubbing them.

"Come on," he said coolly. "I'll get some lotion and make the ache go away for you." He stopped for a second and eyed the boots, his face trying to contain a grin as he breathed a laugh. "I won't even say that I told you so."

My eyes narrowed as I stared back at him and set my feet down. I leaned back into the couch, watching as he watched me in anticipation for a response. With a straight face, I spoke. "I dare you."

His easy demeanor faltered, a look of defeat passing through his face. He must've realized I wasn't going to fall for his charms. His shoulders slumped. "Sia," he tried.

Man, he's really using all his dirty cards with this one. 

Nonchalant, I got up and walked to the closet. I had enough clothes in this room for it to last me long enough. I never knew when I needed to stay at my parents house. With the cops on my ass, I didn't know until when I had to. I grabbed a set of pajamas and walked right out, biting back the grin as I saw Nicolas with his head down. 

When I set down the pajamas on the bed, he turned to look at me. "You want to shower together?" His eyes were so pleading. I almost felt bad.

"No." I shook my head at him and walked to the bathroom alone.

I turned the water on and started stripping off my clothes. The door to the bathroom opened as Nicolas entered, watching me as I got naked. I didn't turn to look at him. "I want to shower alone."

"Do you really?" The hope in his voice reminded me of that of a little boy bargaining for a candy. 

I turned around and cocked my head at him. I was fully naked, not a single piece of clothing covering my body. I didn't bother hiding my body from him, considering he's seen it more time than I care to count. He didn't bother hiding his lustful looks as he raked his eyes over me and licked his lips. He looked pained.