2

I clipped my earrings on as I made my way to the door. I slipped into my boots and opened the door. Mango, the owner of the building, greeted me with a smile, a group of men behind him. "Anastasia! How are you, gorgeous?"

I smiled at him, stepping back to let him in. "I'm good, Mango. How are you?"

"Questioning why I'm helping you out when you're clearly involved in deep shit," he faced me, hands planted on his hips. "I heard you got taken with the cops yesterday, and now you want exterminators? You better not bring me down with you, Bianchi."

I zipped my boots up and crossed my arms. "I know that's not me you're speaking to, Mango." I stepped closer to him, fixing the collar of his shirt and pulling him to me. "Right?"

He gulped, not breaking eye contact with me. He knows I hate that shit. "I'm not going to end up in jail, am I?"

I smiled at him, patting his cheek. "Do what I say and you'll live a prosperous life. Just like you've been doing lately."

He nodded, "of course."

Pleased, I stepped away, eyeing the men. "Are these the exterminators?"

"Yes, they've searched for bugs downstairs and around the entire building. Your apartment is the last one left."

I nodded, "did they find any?"

Mango huffed, lifting a small bag. "A few. I'm gonna have someone dispose of them. I also heard there's two cops outside the building. That true?"

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Who told you that?"

"Don Lorenzo."

"Then it must be true, Mango. Don't ask such stupid things." I looked to the men, "start searching, please."

The phone of my office began ringing. Mango looked behind him, towards the office. "Are you going to get that?"

"Yes," I made my way to the room. "Send me the check of the extermination and I'll take care of it. Thank you, Mango."

I shut the door behind me, answering the phone. "Hello?"

"Missed me, nena?"

I smiled at the sound of his voice, feeling warmth in my heart. "Nick. Are you okay?"

"I am now that I can hear your voice," he answered. I felt my smile grow bigger.

"You're so cheesy. It makes me cringe." What a lie. I fucking love it.

"You love me, so I can say whatever," his voice was teasing. "But I didn't call to charm your pants off over the phone, baby. I heard there were men outside your door."

That made me snap out of the lovesick bubble I just wrapped myself in. "Yes. So why are you calling? If you're found out, Nicolas Alfonsi..."

"Relax, nena. I'm not a rookie." I could imagine him waving me off. "Your old man came up with a plan to get rid of them. But we need you."

I felt my back straighten. "What do you need me to do?"

"Walk to the main bar. The one that Ash is working right now. Listen to music while you do. We'll take it from there."

I frowned, "that's it?"

"That's it, Sia. Why? Were you hoping to kick some American ass?"

I laughed, "the cops outside are Italian. But, no. That's not why."

"Then...?"

"Well," I bit my lip. "We can't raise suspicion. I can't afford being found out or suspected even more. Especially now that Jonathan is coming and we need to find Jess. Speaking of which, how's that going?"