5

"Your sister?" I stared back at Rayaan with my jaw down. I couldn't believe what he had said. "As in the one that's been missing for like seven years? How?"

Rayaan nodded, walking towards the computer room. Jonathan and I followed closely behind. "I'll explain it all when we get to the computer room. So you can see for yourself. Come on."

Confused as fuck, I followed behind Rayaan wordlessly. The argument I had with Jonathan kept ringing in my head.

Me? The victim? Me?

I don't deny that Michael was a piece of shit. But me? I'm no saint. Look where I am. Where I ended up. I'm the leader of the fucking Mafia. I am a career criminal. I murder people for money and I could care less about the lives I take. You don't end up where I did by being the victim. It doesn't work that way.

We reached the computer room quickly, guards walking around the hallway making rounds. I grabbed Rayaan's arm before he could reach for the doorknob. He turned to look at me, an eyebrow raised.

"I don't know if you heard what we were--"

He looked away, swallowing hard. "I did. Sort of."

"Sort of?"

He sighed, looking between Jonathan and I. "Enough to know what you were talking about."

I bit back the annoyance at the situation and gave him a hard stare. "Don't tell anybody what you heard. Got it?"

He frowned, looking confused at what I said. "You mean--"

"Yes," I cut him off. "No one knows and they won't know if I can help it. Especially not Nick or my father. You got that?"

He nodded slowly, stepping away from me. "Yes. I won't say anything."

"Perfect." I opened the door to the computer room and looked at him, "shall we, then?"

Rayaan stepped inside the computer room, walking to a seat and settling down. I went straight next to Nicolas, who moved over on the couch to make room for me. He frowned a bit when he saw me, his eyes going between me and Jonathan, smiling warmly immediately after. "You okay?"

I smiled back, grabbing his hand. "Yeah, don't worry about it." I looked over to Gabriel, "what do you have for me? Why am I hearing Rayaan's sister is back?"

Gabriel pressed something on his computer and a video began playing. I frowned, not understanding why we were watching the security footage of the bar Ash was working at. I cocked my head, looking at Rayaan. "I... I don't understand?"

Even if he tried, Rayaan couldn't mask the smile that took over his face. He walked to the screen and pointed at a woman sitting directly in front of the bar, talking and laughing with Ash. "That's my sister," he said excitedly. "I'd recognize her anywhere. And those earrings... They were a gift from an aunt when she was ten. They're very rare, made in my town only. Look, she has her earring with the D on it. I bet you on the other side she has a T. Its our initials. She's Devina Tiwari. I have the same with my initials." He gestured to his ears and sure enough, one ear had a golden R and the other a golden T.

I had no idea what to say to him. How can we even be sure. Same thing happened with Mateo. They have some flimsy piece of evidence that makes little sense. It all seems so... planned. I felt chills run down my back.

"Rayaan," I began. He frowned, as if knowing what I would say. "I know that you haven't seen her in a while, but come on. You can barely even see if those earrings are what you say they are. I'm not saying--"

"Call him." He pointed to Ash on the screen. "Call him and ask him if she has those earrings on. She's here for a reason! I know she is! What if she found me? Wha-What if she's in danger? Please, Anastasia. Call him."