"Wow Jo. I-It looks pretty"
I walked up closer to the mirror and touch my face. I truly did look beautiful while looking like this. She must be a witch. You can't see any of the little freckles  that scattered my cheeks or the scar on my hairline I got when I was five. Max pushed me of a tree. Tony and dad wasn't very happy about that.

I looked down at my shoulders and my smile dimmed. She hadn't covered them. She hasn't covered my scars. I thought she would cover them with some of her concealer. I wanted her to cover them.
"Jo why didn't y-you cover them? They m-make me look bad."
I turned around to look her in the eye.

Hers softened. I knew she was pitying me and I didn't want that. I don't like pity.
"They don't make you look bad. They make you look strong."
She placed her hands on my shoulders but I flinched. My shoulders were very sensitive especially when bare.

"Carlos w-won't like them."
I whispered.

"Your going to have to speak louder Rosie. I can't understand you."
I looked at the floor and shuffled on my heel-covered feet.

"C-Carlos won't like them. He'll think I'm ugly if he sees them. I don't want him to think I'm ugly. Please cover them u-up Josie. I don't want anyone e-else to see them. I-it will make dad and A-Antonio look bad to."
Tears threatened to fall but I didn't want to ruin Josie's wonderful makeup so I held them in.

"Darling. I would never think your ugly. Not in a million years."
My head darted up to the door. There he stood in all his glory. Carlos.

It took a long amount of time for me to convince Lavender to be my date to the annual charity hall

It took a long amount of time for me to convince Lavender to be my date to the annual charity hall. I knew she wasn't necessarily comfortable with all the attention and the amount of people there but I wanted her to get out. I didn't want her to always be scared of large crowds and loud noises. To always be stuck in a cage because of her fears. I wanted her to get over them. I know it will take more than one night to do that but everyones got to start somewhere, don't they?

I had been sitting in the living room of my darling's house for about 10 minutes. I wore a blue 3-piece suit. The first three buttons of my shirt were undone and you could see my chain. My hair was slick back fashionably.

 My hair was slick back fashionably