Chapter 1 - Camelot

[ORIGINAL CHAPTER]

When I opened my eyes that morning, I saw a dress that had been specially chosen for me to wear on my journey to Camelot

When I opened my eyes that morning, I saw a dress that had been specially chosen for me to wear on my journey to Camelot. My father and I were going to ride there this morning. My father was friends with Uther Pendragon, the king of Camelot, and the two of them had forged an alliance when Uther outlawed magic. My father also detested magic, which made my life much more difficult. Fortunately, my mother's hand maiden was also a witch who concealed her power and taught me to manage mine so that no one would ever discover the truth about my mother's magic. My mother was a witch who had lost her magic years before meeting my father
and didn't expect her magic genes to spread to me but they did luckily my mothers hand maiden was also a witch who kept her magic hidden yet taught me to control mine so that no one would ever find out the truth about what I was.

As I rose from my bed I walked around waking myself up before my hand maiden walked in the room. "Good morning my lady" Talia said as she smiled at me she was a good friend of mine who also kept my secret. "Good morning Talia" I said as I smiled back at her "let's get you dressed shall we" Talia said as I groaned "I don't want to get dressed, I don't want to go to Camelot and I don't want to marry Arthur Pendragon" I said as I looked at Talia. "We must do what your father asks" Talia said I could tell in her voice that she agreed with me.

Ok" I said as I smiled at her and followed her. Her outside as my father waited "here you are" my father said before we got into the carriage "must I marry Arthur" I said looking at my father who didn't seem impressed "we must get in the carriage we are already going to be late" my father said sounding rather displeased with my lateness. So I nodded at him as I picked up my dress and climbed into the carriage beside my father before sitting down as I heard a man speak before the carriage began to move I looked out of the small window for the entire journey taking in the scenery around me, the journey was rather beautiful. "Elizabeth" I heard my father say behind me which caused me to huff before I removed my head from the window and sat down beside him again "yes father" I said rather displeased.

"In order for this alliance to be seen as true you must marry Arthur" my father said which caused a disgusted look to be appear on my face, I had grown up with Arthur Pendragon all my life he had became more of an annoying brother in my eyes not my future husband, marrying Arthur meant that when the time came I would be Queen of both lands which meant a lot of responsibility. "Arthur is more like a brother than my husband father, I want to marry for love" but before I could continue my father scoffed interrupting. "Love what has love to do with it, I married your mother because your grandfather believed it was the best decision to unite our land with another, I grew to love your mother" my father said which made this decision even more revolting.

I sat there for the rest of the journey quiet to make my father believe he had upset me however I was coming up with a plan to get out of this decided wedding no matter what it took, eventually I felt the carriage hit a rock so I looked out of the window once more and a wide grin appeared on my face as I began to see Camelot "get down" my father said pulling at my dress which caused me to hit the seat hard as I gave my father a glaring look, eventually I felt the carriage stop and my father gave me a look which meant we had arrived and I needed to be on my best behaviour, so I grabbed the bottom of my dress once more and climbed out of the carriage behind my father "lord Tarl it is a pleasure to have you back in Camelot once more" King Uther said smiling at my father as he hugged him.

"It's good to see you Uther" my father said smiling at his old friend before Uther turned to look at me "And Lady Elizabeth" King Uther said as I curtsied at Uther "it's a pleasure to see you again your majesty" i said as I looked up at Uther "you too my lord" I said as I smiled at Arthur who looked as just as displeased as I felt at this marriage "let's head inside" Uther said as everyone began to follow him walking around Camelot did make me smile because the last memories I had of my mother were in this castle we stopped visiting after her death. "How many years has it been since you were last here Henry" Uther asked my father who turned to look at me "7 years your Grace" I said smiling at him.

My father didn't want to admit it but his memory wasn't what it used to be, he needed to be seen as strong and terrifying so that his people would follow him, if he was seen as weak he could be overthrown. Me and Arthur walked slowly that our fathers would be out of sight enough that they couldn't hear us before we began to speak "I like you a lot Elizabeth but I see you as a sister than a wife" Arthur said which made me chuckle "I don't want to marry you either Arthur" I said chuckling "so what's the plan you always had a plan for such things when you were a child if you didn't want to do something" Arthur said which made me smile, I had began to think he had changed but he seemed to be the same sweet boy he was as a child.

"We can't go behind the backs of our fathers it won't end well" i said at Arthur feeling rather discouraged "Elizabeth" I heard my father yell as loud as he could "I'm sorry Arthur" I said running after my father. After being shown to our rooms my maid had gotten me changed after the journey and myself and my father headed down to dinner with the Uther and Arthur.
End Of Chapter 1