Ryuen's situation - part III

Ryuen's POV

We have been in the library for a quite long time.

"I hope you had a good time with us, Ryuen-kun. Unfortunately, I have to help Ishizaki-kun and a some other people with studying, so I won't be able to accompany you two here anymore."

Shina said while packing her books into a bag.

Ishizaki and the rest are studying for the next exam, huh. In our classroom, however, there has never been a problem with grades, because I immediately understood the problem with points and exams in the first days. This school at the beginning wanted to screw us all over.

They fed us with sweet monthly 100 thousand private points, so that later they can pull the wool over our eyes. Only those who didn't let themselves be fooled by these speeches and the wonderful school of dreams managed to stay on top.

When everything turned out to be a manipulation, they all fell into some ridiculous state of depression that they were so stupid to believe that. How pitiful.

"Hmpf, it was actually nice. I had fun."

I responded honestly to her, even if it was just spending time reading a book, we sometimes talked about class topics and other things. Maybe there wasn't fun to entertain every person, because not everyone likes to read a book, but I had some quiet here and that was enough for me.

"See you later, Kiyone. Excuse me then."

She left while waving goodbye to Ayanokouji, with a warm smile on her face. Hmm, it looks like they are meeting here quite often and are close. After these conversations, I also don't think Ayanokouji would want to get any information from her or manipulate Hiyori. However, I don't believe that this is only about friendship when it comes to her.

"Goodbye Hiyori." Ayanokouji returned her goodbyes and Shina walked out of the library.

I took out the phone to check the time.

[6:23 p.m.]

In fact, it was closely approaching 6:30 p.m. and now I noticed that I got engaged in reading this novel, which I took for over an hour.

I only managed to read half of this book, which is quite an achievement anyway judging by its great number of pages.

I glanced at Ayanokouji to see her expressionless face. Considering by the fact that she had already finished her book, it looks like she probably already wants to leave soon.

I looked at the books that she managed to read and I made a rather surprised face.

'Did she manage to read two whole novels in just an hour and a half? How is this even possible?! She would have to flip the pages every few or several seconds.'

"How the hell did you manage to read it all in less then two hours?"

She just looked at me with these clear light brown eyes and shrugged her shoulders.

"I guess I just read fast." She said plainly in a monotonous tone.

I looked at her with disbelief. She always uses such neutral answers. Ayanokouji will never admit her abilities, but never deny them either.

She gave me quick glance, I guess she noticed my doubts "Anyway, I should be going, it's quite late."

When someone wants to ask her something more about her skills or personal things, she quickly changes the subject using prepared typical book-like responses to avoid unnecessary conversations from what I see.