Chapter 3 - "Preparations."

(Author's Note: Hello, welcome to the third Chapter. I'd like to inform all readers that my chapters will be longer than the last two, due to needing to stretch out my chapters properly. This, however, will mean that they will have a longer time period between their publishes. Please bear with me, as I'm still getting used to this sort of thing.

Now, without further ado, let's begin.)

================================

"Erica, let's go!" Raikō yelled, Erica's attention diverting from the shocked crowd, and towards the Male in Grey. In a hurry to catch up, she grabbed her weapon and raced after him, squeezing out of the crowd alongside him, yet with a small distance.

As they walked to get as far away as they could, there was a myriad of questions that overflowed her mind; Who he truly was, where could such immense power come from, and many more. However, she was well aware that such questions were not able to be answered, as he couldn't have known for himself. But despite this, he seemed composed, when the power came to show. Was he being truthful about being unable to recall his entrance? Was there even a chance that he was merely lying about being from another world? They were overwhelming, and yet she couldn't find herself to ask.

The two inhabited silence for quite a while, passing by the same library as before and continuing to walk. It was at this point that she took lead, to take him to a nearby blacksmith. However, the moment seemed quite odd to Raikō, so he attempts to lighten what tension that remained.

He didn't know any proper way to address the silence, so he went with something random. "That's a pretty cool sword you have there." He said in a low tone of voice, his eyes observing the weapon in its entirety. It was quite the design, both in his and her opinion.

". . .Yeah? It's also a 5.56 M4 Carbine." She added, removing the sword from her back and shifting its form to resemble that of an M4A1.

". . .So. . ." He stammered.

"It's also a gun."

"Oh, right. Guns aren't exactly used a lot, where I'm from. People usually use Batons, Swords, and things of that nature." He said with a surprised expression.

"Ah. Well, it's kinda common to have a weapon-based towards short and long-ranged combat, here on Remnant. You don't really have to add both of those to one weapon, though." She said with a shrug.

"Hm. . ." He gave it some thought, of course. The idea of having a weapon that's solely based on versatility, as well as the skill of the user would be preferable, given that he may need a weapon for both variants of fighting. Worrying about traditions would have to wait, in the meantime.

"Here we are! Brawn and Brass! It's kind of a restrictive place for teens, but it's where I got the materials for my weapon." She said with excitement, their current stop being an obvious adoration for her. Opening the door, for the two of them, they could both hear the clanking of a rough metal hit a wooden counter. In front of it was a tall man with a black coat and dark skin.

"So, you came. Was startin' to think you wouldn't show." He said in a baritone voice, a cloud of smoke escaping from his hidden visage.

"You know me. . . Even during break, I'm always keeping busy." She smirks, gaining a chuckle from the stranger.

Turning over, a tribal tattoo became visible along his face, as well as a pair of shades. He gave off an intimidating aura, but it was something Raikō had expected, given what little experience he could remember with taking care of his own sword. "Right. . . Long as you aren't being a trouble maker, kid." He said, stepping away from a Two-Handed Axe, covered in runes.