“It’s time to start getting ready, we got a couple hours before we gotta go.” I reached over and checked my phone. I had a missed call and a text message. The text was from my pharmacy. I had a prescription ready. The Dr must've called to confirm my uti and I had an antibiotic.  If we hurried we could get my medicine on the way to the party. 

    “Hey, Doc called in some medicine, if we hurry we can get on the way.” He made a noise of some sort from the closet. I just had to touch up my makeup and put on horrible red lipstick. I dyed my hair black temporarily.  I already had a pale skin tone from being covered almost all the time. Snow White was a no brainer. All the girls were Disney Princess and all the guys were video game characters. The worst part was coping with so much thigh being exposed. 

    Even with the plus sizes, the skirt fell to a bit higher than mid thigh. I was barely comfortable with anything above the knee. If I could hide most of the time, that was different but, it’s not like I can just sit on the couch and pull a blanket up to my neck. That would  draw all kinds of unwanted attention. I did have a cape so that helped a little. Glitter black shoes completed the look. I could see Giles already by the bed, he really just looked like a military dude. 

    “I’m ready,” He turned around and his mouth opened a litte. “Ha, you're so cute. I packed a bag just in case. It’s by the door, oh look at that. It’s part of your costume!”  He chuckled and we left for the pharmacy. My skirt rode up my thighs even more when I sat down. Giles slid into his seat then paused. He was focused on my exposed skin. 

    “Are you ok?” He slid his hand over my knee and between my legs until his hand met my covered mound. He had been very cautious since that night and this was as far as we had gotten. A few kisses and we still cuddled but. My body that was used to him at least once a day was starved. His touch to my center caused my hips to push against him. A slight nose knocked in my throat. But I stilled and watched him. He licked his lips and turned to his hand so his palm was cupping me. His touch was so good. 

    “I miss this.” He ran a finger up my cloth covered slit. “It feels so warm and happy inside of you.” I held my breath. “Do you want my fingers?”  I was about to urge him on when my phone rang. I tried to ignore it but I looked over and it was my Dr. She never called more than once. I laced my fingers with his, laying our hands in my lap. 

    “Something must be up, my Dr keeps calling.” He nodded and started the car. I answered the phone. “Hello”  She answered back a bit exasperated. 

    “Finally, I’m glad I caught you, I was about to leave. I don’t know how to say this, so here goes. You don’t have a uti, you’re pregnant. I scheduled an appointment to come in and see me for some initial testing and we need to go over a few things. In the meantime, eat well, get good rest and take the prenatal vitamins I prescribed you.”  I hung up on her. No. 

No. NO. We were already at the pharmacy drive thru and Giles had just requested my prescription. It felt like it took  years for that little white bag to come out to me through the tube. Giles grabbed it and shook the bag. 

    “Woah are you ok, that’s a big bottle of pills. How infected are you?” He laughed but I didn’t. I took the bag and tore it open.  There in my lap laid a huge bottle of vitamins. Giles just stared my lap. To my utter surprise he sped out of the drive thru and into the street. Then onto the highway. His face was cold and hard. I started to get scared. He was going way over the speed limit. “When” His voice was full of accusation. 

    “When what, Giles?” I was so confused, my head was starting to spin. 

    “When did you get yourself knocked up?” He bit his words out like they tasted of poison.  My chest felt like a fist just slammed into it. It bore a burning rage from my cracking heart. I turned in my seat and resisted the urge to slap him.  Violence was not the answer, even as I thought of digging my nails into his cheek.