ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ¹⁵

ᴏᴋ ꜱᴏ ɪ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪ'ᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴏꜰꜰ ᴛʜɪꜱ ʙᴏᴏᴋ ꜰᴏʀ ᴀ ᴡʜɪʟᴇ ʙᴜᴛ ʜᴇʀᴇ ɪꜱ ᴋɪɴᴋʏ ꜱᴍᴜᴛ. ɪ ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ᴋɪɴᴋʏ ꜱᴍᴜᴛ. ᴇɴᴊᴏʏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴋɪɴᴋʏ ꜱᴍᴜᴛ, ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ. ɪᴛ ᴛᴀᴋᴇꜱ ᴀ ʟᴏɴɢ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴋɪɴᴋʏ ꜱᴍᴜᴛ. ɪ'ᴍ ɴᴏᴛ ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ʟɪᴇ, ɪ ᴡᴀꜱ ɪɴꜱᴘɪʀᴇᴅ ʙʏ ᴀᴜɴᴛɪᴇ ᴋᴀᴛᴇ'ꜱ ꜱᴇʀᴠᴇʀ.

Bringing myself down from the loss of Maeve proved harder than I would have once thought. That absence from my life left a hole in my heart, one that was growing larger and larger by the day. As much as I wanted to believe that she was just on holiday and would be back soon, a part of my mind tore at the possibility that she would be gone forever.

Taking all but three days to get our ducks in a row, my family would be leaving for Greece. Where? I had no idea, Aro had been very cryptic about the whole adventure. Claiming that it would be good and that I shouldn't worry did nothing to ease the growing anxiety pooling in my mind.

Anxiety was something I dealt with on a daily basis back before I met my mates. God, it was a horrid feeling, and now it plagued me wherever I went. Torrents of negative thoughts flew into my mind and refused to leave, deciding to take personal residence in that pretty little head of mine. Was it pretty? Am I pretty?

I hated negativity, I really did, but I couldn't help but feel so awful. No matter how much time my mates spent with me, it seemed that nothing was helping. Words of encouragement did not help. I wanted Maeve back, and I needed her. I felt worthless, powerless, and alone.

"Il mio amore." Aro ran his hands through my long brown hair. I had decided to keep it long, having it now grown past my butt. "Are you going to get off the plane or will I have to carry you again?"

Mumbling incoherent words in various languages under my breath, I got up, rubbing my eyes. My raven-haired mate smiled, kissing the top of my head. Kissing his cheek, we left the private jet, which was our most commonly used form of transportation. The Volturi had so many vehicles that I couldn't name them all in one sitting. Then again, I couldn't stay still or sit for long. Ah, to have an overactive brain.

"We got a house by the beach," Marcus informed, wrapping his arms around me, "I know you like the water. We can go swimming whenever you want."

I hummed in response. My brown-haired mate frowned. Looking at him, I kissed his cheek next, hoping that it would make him happy. Unfortunately, he saw through my facade, sending me a worried look. "Tesoro, how are you feeling today? Did something happen?"

"I'm tired," I said, forgetting that vampires can't be physically tired.

"Anna... we're worried about you," Caius piped up, his usually stone cold face softening, "You know vampires cannot tire. What's been going on with you, cara mia?"

"I miss her." My mates knew who I was talking about. "I just miss her so much."

"Perhaps she is waiting for the right time to reappear. This could be for your benefit." I hissed at the notion. Aro sighed and took my hand, kissing it gently. "Well, my sweet Annalise, you may have to wait some more time. I know it has been hard, and we will stand by you during anything, but I hope that this trip will bring you some joy."

"Is our son staying with Anora?" Aro nodded. "Well, we should have some time to ourselves then."

Free time. Right. This was a vacation. I've never been on one of those, not to this extent. Five weeks of nothing but Greece and summer sun.

Perfect day for fun with mates, I guess.

____________________________________________

Marcus' POV