ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ¹³

ɪ'ᴍ ꜱᴏ ꜱᴏʀʀʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜɪꜱ ᴛᴏᴏᴋ ꜱᴏ ʟᴏɴɢ ᴛᴏ ɢᴇᴛ ᴏᴜᴛ. ᴛʜɪꜱ ꜱʜᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ ᴍʏ ꜰɪʀꜱᴛ ᴘʀɪᴏʀɪᴛʏ, ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪꜱɴ'ᴛ ᴀɴʏᴍᴏʀᴇ. ɪ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴀɴɴᴀ ᴀɴᴅ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴏɴᴇ ɪɴ ʜᴇʀᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ ꜰᴏʀ ɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴇ ᴜᴘᴅᴀᴛᴇꜱ ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ꜱʟᴏᴡᴇʀ. ɪ ᴡɪʟʟ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ᴛᴏ ᴜᴘᴅᴀᴛᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟᴇᴀꜱᴛ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ᴡᴇᴇᴋ, ʙᴜᴛ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴍᴀɴʏ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ꜱᴛᴏʀɪᴇꜱ. ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴀɴᴛ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ᴛʜᴏꜱᴇ ᴀꜱ ᴡᴇʟʟ, ꜱɪɴᴄᴇ ꜱᴏᴍᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ɢᴇᴛ ᴜᴘᴅᴀᴛᴇᴅ ᴀʟᴍᴏꜱᴛ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴅᴀʏ. ꜰᴀᴛᴇᴅ ᴡᴀɴᴅꜱ ʜᴀꜱ ꜱᴜᴘᴇʀ ʟᴏɴɢ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀꜱ ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ꜱᴏʀᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜɪɴɢ. ʟᴀꜱᴛ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴡᴀꜱ ᴏᴠᴇʀ 4ᴋ ᴡᴏʀᴅꜱ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ʙᴇꜰᴏʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴀꜱ ᴏᴠᴇʀ 5ᴋ ᴡᴏʀᴅꜱ.

Anora's POV

It wasn't like I wanted to make everyone angry, it was just what I managed to do. While I could have blamed my fiery temper on Afton and his ridiculous antics, I knew well that I was my fault for reacting to his attacks.

Being reactive was just so easy for me. I noticed everything that he did and he would just act like it was nothing. Maybe it was nothing to him, but it meant something to me. Those books were given to me by my mate. How would he like it if I took all of Chelsea's gifts away? Plus, even she isn't trying to stop him! Even if they are mates, he's being an ass!

Getting up off my bed, I walk with Auntie Anna and Heelie down the hall and into the guard room where we could see Afton looking annoyed at the world. Auntie gave him a good glare before saying, "Son get your ass over here."

Afton looked a bit terrified as his mother called him over, giving him a good glare of her own that outmatched mine. Only a mother could give that kind of dead stare that could scare the living hell out of you.

Some of the guards snickered, including his soul brother Santiago. Jane gave me a knowing sadistic smile and Alec did the same, although he did give Heelie a much kinder smile once he turned to him. My mate stayed quiet and waited for Afton to come closer to us so his mom could lead us all out of the guard room.

By the time that we did make it out of that room, I could feel the anxiety dripping off of Afton and Heelie through our bonds. Both of them were terrified of what was to come, but Afton's fear outweighed my mate's. This is what happens when you mess with a princess, Afton.

"We have a lot to talk about," Auntie Anna said, looking unimpressed. "Afton, I just want to let you know now that I am not happy that you've been taking Anora's books, if it was a joke or not doesn't matter. Anora loves the books that Heelie gets her and mate gifts are special anyways. If someone were to take away things that Chelsea gave you I know you would be throwing a fit and ripping their heads off. Due to that, I am not mad that Anora pulled at your bonds the way she did, as you did deserve it for your behavior. That discomfort is your punishment. Have I made myself clear?"

The brown-haired vampire gulped down some venom before nodding quietly.

"What you did was wrong and you know it. I get that you meant it all in good fun but know that once someone tells you that they don't find it funny you don't do it again. It makes you look like an ass," I could sense the pure annoyance in Auntie's voice as she spoke to her son. She wasn't a woman to mess with and she wouldn't raise an asshole, not if she had any say in the matter.

"I'm sorry mom," Anna was still not pleased, shaking her head at him. "I'm sorry, Anora. I shouldn't have taken your books and I won't do it again."