OLD [Chapter 19]

The door burst open. You gasped.

*   *

"What the heck!?" You stood up and let go of George's hand. He whimpered, wanting your hand back. The man in front of you sighed, walking up to you.

"Sorry about that," he said. George looked his way and his eyes widened.

"Out- out of all the people who came, it was you," you smiled, going up to hug him. Karl smiled brightly and wrapped his arms around you. The hug lasted a moment as this was the first time the two of you had met in real life and you were happy to have someone else here.

After the long hug, Karl turned his attention towards George. His eyes widened at the sight of his burns and bruises. He went around the side of the bed to talk to George.

"You're awake! Hey, George. How are you?" Karl asked, smiling brightly to cheer George.

"Tired, a little in pain," George answered, glancing at Karl. He smiled a small smile back.

You got up to leave the two alone for a bit. Although you were excited to see George, you were also nervous. Wasn't it your fault he got hurt? Right? Didn't you let the cake burn in the oven and fall asleep instead? 

You made your way to the restroom to pull yourself together. The bathroom was silent due to the fact that no one was there. It was nice. You turned on the sink and splashed some water onto your face. It was cool and relaxing. You sighed and looked at yourself in the mirror. A few bruises stretched across your arms where they had felt sore. On your wrists were hand marks from holding you back tightly. Your face? Well, it was wet and red from the tears that had stained them. You pulled a paper towel from the machine and wiped your face, getting rid of the water and tears.

TW: Small anxiety attack

"You're okay, Y/N. So is George. Karl is here. Cheer up," you repeated quietly to yourself. Quietly, quietly. Louder? Louder, louder! Once again, you felt the tears start to run. You looked down at the sink and shut your eyes tightly, balling your fists. "It's not... It's- it's your fault. Your fault, your fault, your fault!" You swayed side to side, trying to find a surface to grip. Coming up empty, you wobbled backward and fell against the floor. Your breath hitched as you hit the floor and you cried out, desperately wanting to escape this nightmare. 

Soft footsteps could be heard getting louder, closer to you. You looked up to see Karl make his way into the restroom. He pulled you up and hugged you, squeezed you, made sure you felt safe and at home. Though he could never match George's hugs, he tried to make you feel better. He knew not to ask questions, he knew to keep quiet. And it worked. Your cries became softer, the tears from your eyes stopping. The cries became quiet whimpers as your forehead rested against Karl's shoulder. Karl bent down slightly to come eye level with you and he smiled at you. You managed a weak smile back. He took your hand and led you back to the hospital room with George. 

Once you entered the room, George immediately noticed the state you were in and tried to sit up. He wasn't able to due to the pain. You glanced at Karl, flashing him a smile before pulling your hand away from his and laying down next to George. George took your hand and wrapped an arm around you, keeping you close. 

"It's okay, Y/N. Whatever the problem is, I'll always be here. So will Karl. Please don't worry, love," he smiled, placing a kiss on your cheek. Karl sat down and got on his phone, feeling a little like a third-wheel. He didn't mind, as long as he was here to make sure the two of you were okay. 

You snuggled close to George, feeling better and calmer. George made sure to keep his eyes open, watching you closely. He watched your every move, took in every detail. He wanted to make sure he could get it all before... Oh how much he wanted to tell you, how much he wanted to stay with you but- he couldn't. He couldn't bring himself to be able to see your face when he told you, how devastated you would look. So instead, he took the time to take in every inch of you. 

"I love you, George," you whispered, closing your eyes. Karl looked up and hummed, making a small 'aww' noise.

"I love you too, Y/N," George chuckled, watching you fall asleep.