OLD [Chapter 13]

A pair of arms wrapped around your waist and something weighed heavy on the back of your head, causing you to gasp out quietly.

*   *

Your eyes searched for his face, though it was hard to see. Once seeing his arms, you slowly put your hand down to squeeze them.

"George?" You said softly, quietly. He hummed, though it was muffled as his face was in your hair. He slowly backed up and turned you around. Your eyes traveled from his hand, which was gripping your wrist, to his eyes. They pulled you closer, reeled you in, called for you. And you gladly obliged. He pulled you into a tight hug.

"I still can't believe that you're actually here," he admitted. You smiled and you felt the urge to go in for a kiss, but eventually let the feeling fade to nothingness. He stepped back and looked around awkwardly, unsure of what to do next. You pulled your wrist away softly, as to not alarm him, and pulled out an outfit. Hesitating, you decided you should bring a snow jacket as well. 

"To be honest, I can't believe it either," you chuckled, standing back up, "but I've got to get ready if we're going ice skating." He nodded and hummed again in agreement.

"Same here," he gave your shoulder a soft pat and walked off to his closet. You went back into the bathroom to change.

*   *

You came out of the bathroom and waited for George. He was taking a while. And they say girls get ready slowly. He came out and you smiled at him. You did a little twirl, showing him your outfit.

 You did a little twirl, showing him your outfit

(but without the newspaper and bag)

"What do you think?" You asked, finishing your spin.

"Good enough for the snow," he answered, picking up a small bag. "There's coffee in the kitchen if you want some." You nodded and he took you into the kitchen. Wanting to ice skate, you downed your newly made coffee and rushed out the door, George right behind you. You laughed, pulling him down into the snow. He laughed with you, shouting, "Y/N! Slow down!" 

"But ice skating," you whined. He shook his head, smiling. You curled your fingers, feeling the snow beneath you. It felt freezing cold, but soft. There was something nice about the way fresh but melted snow felt. How amazing it felt. How nice and soft but freezing and cold it was. How painful it would be to keep holding it. And almost, in a way, it felt like love. When one loves another but the other doesn't love them back. They felt safe, nice, perfect with that person but the fact that the person didn't love them back made them feel cold, sad, and overall cry. If you held onto those feelings for too long, it would start hurting to know that you'd never be loved back by them. 

You immediately got up from the snow, dusting yourself off. Love. It was all you could think about at the moment. You didn't want to. It hurt. Your feelings, everything. All of it hurt. George furrowed his eyes in confusion as he stared up at you. He stood up.

"You alright?" He questioned. You gave him a shaky smile to hopefully try to draw his worry and suspicion away, but that didn't work and only worried him more. 

"Ice skating, remember?" You raised your eyebrows. He sighed and nodded, slipping his hand to be with yours and squeezing it. You got to his car and he opened the door for you. Thanking him, you slipped in and turned the warm air on right away. You buckled yourself in. The seat was covered with leather, which would probably suck in the summer, as the seat would literally burn you. George got into the other side of the car and turned it on fully. He started the car, putting on some music. You nodded your head to the music. He took this as a sign to not switch the music, as you enjoyed it. He smiled softly at you and you tried to smile the same back. 

"Here we go. Did you buckle in? Got everything you need?" He asked as he was bucking up. You looked over at your seatbelt and nodded.

"Yup. I'm good to go," you confirmed. George revved the car up with a grin and the two of you took off to go ice skating.