In need of tea - Lucifer X Reader

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry for not coming right after dinner."

Hunched over on his desk is a sleeping Lucifer. A pen is next to his hand as well as a large pile of paperwork. 

If he has been working all day, how much paperwork did he have originally?

You can see how exhausted Lucifer is, witnessing a part of that when he was at breakfast.

He is definitely good at hiding any weakness. Once you finish taking a photo you pick up the dinner and gently touch Lucifer's shoulder. He slowly opened his eyes, looking surprised to see you were the one to enter his room without him knowing. 

"Forgive me, (y/n). I forgot I asked you to come to my room after dinner. I have been busy with paperwork."  

"I can come back tomorrow to talk."

"Yes that would be more suitable."

"Lucifer are you okay with all these piles of paperwork though?" You decide to ask. "You look tired."

"I appreciate your concern, however, I am used to this amount of paperwork."

"Um okay if you're really sure. I'll come back tomorrow after breakfast?"

"Yes I'll be waiting. Don't be late." He teased you.

He sure seemed to recover fast but from that photo he definitely was burnt out. You knew that Lucifer is a literal demon lord but shouldn't he rest too?

Conflicted, you sent the picture you took to Barbatos.

You: I didn't want to bother Lord Diavolo but Lucifer has been working on his paperwork to the point that he didn't eat dinner and fell asleep like this at 7:30pm.

Barbatos: Thank you for alerting me to this matter. I think it best for Lord Diavolo to see too.

Barbatos sent the photo and a summary of what you said to the group chat of him, Barbatos and you. 

Diavolo: Hm this is a problem. We have been working on a large event lately so we have had a lot more paperwork than usual. 

You: I was wondering if this amount of paperwork was usual for Lucifer.

Diavolo: Not usually quite as much. Perhaps Lucifer deserves a day off. Tomorrow isn't a school day so he can have that day. I'll message him now. Please make sure he knows.

You: Sure I'm on it. I might even have a idea on how he can spend some of the day.

Barbatos: Thumbs up

Diavolo:  :D

The next day you enact your plan. Some bribes and painting and you were ready for approaching Lucifer after breakfast. The second breakfast was over, Lucifer stared at you that commanded you to follow him. Walking into his room, Lucifer got to the point.

"I received a message from Lord Diavolo late last night. I believe you had something to do with me now having a day off?"

"Uh...well..." You shifted from foot to foot.

"(Y/n)" He said in his deep tone.

"Yes?"

"Hmm. What will I do with this day then?"

"I already have a idea." You see Lucifer's eyebrows raise in a cocky manner.

You walk Lucifer to the attic. In the attic was a large table with two seats for you and Lucifer. On the table were cups with painted numbers.