A couple of steps in, she amiably shocks me by laying her chin down on top of my head. I automatically press her closer by tightening the grip on the back of her legs. She lets out a little sigh. The hum almost sounding like she is utterly consent.

Because that's how I'm feeling right now. Like I'm supposed to be doing this. Touching her. Being in her proximity, swathed in her aura like this. Crazy enough- out of all the carnal encounters I've faced with women, this feels like the most sensual one. Its nauseating and dizzying.

Fucking hell. If carrying her feels this mind-blowing, how unbelievably incredible is it going to be to do other things with her? To her.

My pants are already cramming tighter just thinking about it.

''You good?'' I have to make sure.

''Yup,'' it comes out brighter than I thought it would. Guess she's enjoying the ride.

I knew she would.

I am slowly starting to figure her out. She's not a pushover but does need a little push to pull her out of the solace she's seeking for herself. Like with the bikini top. Obviously, I wouldn't want her to go out there like that for other men to ogle her like some random piece of ass. But how will she ever feel comfortable around me if she doesn't even get the chance to attempt to it? No matter whose eyes would be on her. I was there.

They could look, but I would've broken their fingers one by one before they could've touched. Yeah, not happening on my fucking watch.

Fact remains fact; this woman is gorgeous beyond belief. And although I would love nothing more than to be an egotistic asshole and keep her concealed, all to myself- she deserves to be exhibited like a delicate bit of art that God took his time on carving.

''You can put me down now.'' She claims. We're a couple lengthy steps away from the entry. I parked close to the gate so I wouldn't awaken my folks.

''No.''

''Kayden, I swear-''

''I'm good like this.'' I cut her off, which I know she hates, but I love the toiled-up version of her.

''I'm not.'' She squirms unnervingly.

Smart girl. She knows I would put her comfort before my elation in a heartbeat.

Instead of placing her down on her feet, I bounce her up and she cries out as I hoist her over my shoulder.

''Are you out of your fucking mind?! Put me down.'' She laughs, shrieking.

''I'm sorry, what did you say? I couldn't hear you with this crazy lady screeching down my fucking ear.'' I snicker. I consider giving her ass a smack, but I don't think we're quite there yet.

''Oh, you haven't seen crazy. I will show you crazy in a second if I don't feel concrete under my feet by then.'' She continues to try and wriggle out of my grip.

We're three good steps away from the entry stairs up to the front door when a throat being cleared in the near distance makes the both of us pause.

''Am I interrupting something?'' Cassie hesitantly falters, glued to her spot-on top of the steps with her overnight bag on her lap.

''Cassie!''

''Isabella!''

She hops her tiny body down once I loosen my clasp on her. She lands with a thud and runs over to my sister before I can even speak or turn to her.

I can't help the stupid smile that covers my face as I watch her bend down to wrap Cassie in a hug, my sister's arms already tight around her middle.