A Helpful Observer

---Marie, Adam and Claude POV---

Letting out a sigh as she hopped down from her tank and glanced at Rena and Ruka, Marie's expression then changed to a smirk as she approached Adam and Claude.

"She's coming this way..." Adam whispered very softly.

"Do you think she noticed the staring..." Claude added as they both shifted their view forward to Marie.

"Hello Adam, Claude" Marie greeted, her expression unchanging.

"Hello Commander~" Adam happily greeted in return, trying his best to hide his slightly worried expression.

"Hey Commander" Claude added.

"So what are you two doing here this early for practice?" Marie asked, glancing between the two of them with a knowing smile.

"W-Well we're um..." Claude muttered, unable to stop his eyes from glancing past Marie and back towards Ruka.

Adam let out a sigh as Marie noticed this and followed his eyeline back to the Blonde haired sub Commander.

"And you?" Marie asked with a giggle as Adam glanced over towards Rena.

"Well it seems my deductions were correct~" Marie then added with a smile.

"Commander it's-" Adam started, stopping as Marie interrupted.

"Shhhh~" She whispered softly.

"I know what you two are thinking and I want to help~" Marie then added, causing both Adam and Claude to share a confused glance between them.

"Why would you want to help us with that?" Claude then asked.

"Because I think those two could use some time getting to know someone from different classes than they are in" Marie answered, gesturing over towards Rena and Ruka who were still arguing in the distance.

"I suppose you're right..." Adam muttered before gasping slightly as he saw over Marie's shoulder that both Rena and Ruka had stopped yelling at each other long enough to notice Marie was no longer atop her tank and as in fact talking to Adam and Claude.

"What's she doing talking with them?" Rena wondered aloud as Ruka spoke.

"I'm not sure..." She added as the pair began to walk over towards the other three.

"Hey R-Rena how are you?" Adam asked as the pair approached.

"I'm... Fine thanks" Rena responded slightly sheepishly, surprised that an escalator student would want to even look in her direction let alone ask her something like that.

"I'm glad to hear it" He replied with a wide smile, causing Rena's expression to become even more surprised.

"Marie giggled at this sight and punched the back of Claude's shoulder slightly.

"Ah u-um... H-Hey Ruka... H-Have you been w-well?"

Ruka turned towards Claude, remembering that she'd seen him with Rena before and that he was from the other class group.

"I've been well... Thanks for asking" Ruka replied, letting a slight smile form on her face as she looked away slightly.

(Marie in head) "This so cute~"

"Well, I was just talking to Claude and Adam here about heading out to get something to eat before practice. Would you two care to join us?"

"Huh? But we weren't-" Claude started to speak, nervous at the prospect of sharing a meal with Ruka.

Adam quickly put on a wide smile and shoved him slightly, before looking over to him with an expression that was basically telling him to shut up.

Claude let out a slight nervous chuckle in response.

"I suppose I could" Rena answered, causing Marie to turn to Ruka.

"Fine" Ruka added.

"Great~" Marie said with a smile as Claude and Adam rose to their feet and the group headed off to a nearby café.

---Timeskip---

After a relatively short walk with essentially no conversation, much to Marie's chagrin, the group reached the café.

As they entered they all sat down, with Marie taking the place at the head of the table while Adam and Claude sat next to each other across from Rena and Ruka.

When they sat down both Claude and Adam made sure to wait until Rena and Ruka had sat down so that they could sit opposite their crush. While Claude was tentative at first after thinking about it for a moment he warmed up to the idea. The prospect of being able to look into Ruka's eyes directly for a change and attempt to get over his nervousness being appealing to him.

"So what can I get you?" A waitress then asked as she approached the table and put down some glasses and pitchers of water.

"I'll have a slice of the cake of the day please" Marie quickly answered.

"I'll have the same thanks" Ruka then added after viewing the menu for a moment.

"M-Me too!" Claude quickly responded upon hearing Ruka's words.

"Heh" Adam chuckled to himself, realising the reason as to why he'd ordered it of course.

"I think I'll have it as well seeing as all you guys are" Claude then spoke, not expecting what happened next...

"M-Me too..." Rena quietly responded, lifting her menu back up to her face for a moment. Before she did however, Adam was sure he saw a light red colour dusting her cheeks.

"Alright then, five cake of the day slices~" The waitress spoke, cheerfully taking back all the menu's with a smile.

Marie then giggled aloud as she took a drink of her water.

"What is it Commander?" Ruka asked with a confused expression.

"Oh nothing, you four are just really cute is all~" She responded with a wink.

Adam and Claude opened their mouths to speak, stopping as they turned to each other and realised what she meant.

A confused expression formed one Ruka's face as she lifted a finger and started to respond.

"Um-" Stopping as Rena called out.

"C-Cute?!" Rena asked quite loudly.

"I'm sure Adam would agree~" Marie replied giggling again as she turned to Adam who was now looking towards her with a deadpan expression.

(Adam in head) "You don't mess around do you Commander?..."

He then quickly turned back around towards Rena who was looking at him with an expectant expression, that red dusting on her cheeks from before returning.

"W-Well y-you are..." He spoke, causing Rena to gasp slightly and turn to look away. Lifting her menu over her face yet again, causing Ruka to laugh loudly.

"Awww~ Does someone have a crush?"

"Y-You look r-really cute as well Ruka" Claude then added with a confident expression, having gained a bit of courage after seeing Adam speak just before him.

"A-Ah..." Ruka muttered, her own face turning red as she turned away.

"Y-You can't mean that..." She added as she too raised her menu in front of her face.

This caused both Claude and Adam to loose some of their now very present nerves as they laughed and turned to each other with smiles.

(Marie in head) "Boys 1, Girls 0" Marie thought to herself, contently taking a bite of the cake that had arrived as the other's were busy complimenting each other.