CHAPTER THIRTEEN

I looked at Zuko his eyes filling with sadness and I think mine looked the same, I knew what he was going to do so I grabbed his hand and he turned to Misu.

"Humans like you often come chasing after me, begging for new identities." The Mother of Faces spoke. "Have you come to do the same."

"See here's the thing, we actually need two favors." Aang smiled holding up the two fingers and Momo copied him. "I'm sure a big-and-gigantic-yet-beautiful-and-lovey spirit like you can handle two favors, right? Your, uh..face-iness?"

"Do not test my generosity, young avatar." She replied. "One."

Zuko and Aang looked at each other. "They've waited for so long. If there's only one, it should be theirs."

"I'm sorry, Zuko." Aang replied. "We'll keep looking for Ursa on our own after this."

"Go ahead Misu." Zuko told the elder lady.

"Thank you, thank you!" Misu bowed her head.

"You did the right thing, love." I whispered and hugged him.

His arms wrapped around me but the hug didn't last for as long as I wanted before we heard Ming quack and the ice shatter from Azula's grip.

"Ridiculous!" She growled. "You're such a constant disappointment Zuzu! Even when you're strong, you're weak!"

"Azula!"

"We seek a princess of the Fire Nation named Ursa!" Azula cut off Misu's wish. "Tell me where to find her."

"Ursa." The Mother of Faces repeated and showed us the image of the firebending sibling's mother. "I remember her, I could not understand why a human of such beauty would ask for a new face."
She changed the image to Noriko "To test her sincerity I offered her one as plain as can be. She accepted."

"That's Noriko!" Zuko pointed out the obvious. "Azula, our mother is-"

"She's gone!" Sokka told him.

She really was gone and she was going to one place. "I know exactly where she's going, back to Hira'a back to Noren's" Zuko said and started running.

"Wait!" Misu called him back. "You're trying to get to the Fire Nation town just outside the forest?"
She opened a path. "There's a short cut this way."

I picked up my bag that Ming was in, she had been sitting with Rafa who had been petting her. I felt bad and apologized but I wanted to help Zuko. He was thanking Misu but she told him to go so he did along with Sokka and I.

"Why are you coming?" Zuko and I asked my brother.

"Well, I know sisters can be a pain to deal with," Sokka answered. "And mine aren't even crazy. You'll need backup."

"Thanks." Zuko smiled.

"Brothers are pains too." I said and ran past them.

As we ran back to the town I couldn't help but judge Ursa, how come she didn't remember her children. Did she chose to forget them and start a new life? I understand that it must have been a tough decision but she's a mother! She was supposed to love her children. Here she was living a whole new life, Azula must feel worse now because her mother had another daughter.
I glanced at Zuko, not able to read his feeling. It was usually easy to read but it seemed harder, maybe he didn't even know how he felt.
   We finally made it back into town but by now it was dark and I couldn't get the thought of being too late, out of my head.

   "It's so quiet." Sokka said.

   "Too quiet." Zuko replied.