CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT

I finished packing and looked over at Zuko who stood in my room watching me pack. He kissed my cheek and I placed a kiss on his lips only for him to kiss me back roughly.
"Love!" I giggled and pushed away both of us heavily breathing. My eyes softened and I smiled at him. "I'm glad you decided to come with us! It's gonna be great! The whole gaang back together again!"

"You make it sound annoying." He replied but smiled and grabbed my bag. "Come on let's go, Love."

We walked out and said good bye to everyone. Kiyi was going to take care of Ming while we were gone so I knew she would be safe. I mean it would be far too cold for the creature but Sokka had agreed to make a machine for the future so she could one day visit.
Aang was already waiting on Appa so when we got there he sat up excited and ready. "Next stop South Pole everybody!" He announced. "Yip Yip!"

⇢ ⇢ ⇢

I smiled at the cold wind brushing over my face. I looked over at Zuko who was shivering and pulled out his coat, he handed me mine and I put it on.

"Kaida, look!" Aang called happily.

I smiled and peeked up but my smile slightly fell as I saw the lights and how different the water tribe looked, it wasn't small like it once was.

"We're here!" I say as we landed.

"Aang!" Katara ran over.

"Katara!" Aang hugged her.

   "Kaida!"

   "Dad!"

I ran to him, his arms already open and he wrapped them around me, my body filled of pure joy of returning.

   "It's been so long!" I said and looked at him.

"Yes it has, my little dragon." He said and hugged me again.

"I'm sorry I didn't come sooner." I apologized and looked over at Zuko who walked over.

   "I understand. Rebuilding the world with the Avatar." He smiled.

"Fire Lord Zuko, Avatar Aang." My dad bowed to both boys. "It's an honor to have you here."

"Chief Hakoda, thank you for welcoming me back." Zuko bowed.

"Chief Hakoda!" Aang bowed.

"It's actually Head Chieftain Hakoda, now." Katara said.

"Head Chieftain? ...Congratulations dad!" I smiled.

"Congratulations Sir." Zuko said.

"Yeah! Congratulations Head Chieftain Hakoda, Sir!" Aang gleamed.

"Please Aang, just call me Hakoda, you too Zuko. And thank you, all of you." dad smiled.

"So uh what's new?" I asked looking at everything. I sighed at the noticable difference, even from the sky I could see the new building up and more people around than before when we left.
   But my real concern was on all the guards. "What's going on, dad?"

"Just playing it safe." Dad answered. "Nothing my officers and I can't handle, why don't you four go enjoy the festival?"

"Thanks dad." Katara said and I followed her.

"Festival? When did the South Pole start having festivals?" I asked Katara.

"Recently."

   She explained how the North was helping to rebuild the South Pole with Toph's father's company. She even mentioned that they were building a palace for dad. I had to admit, it was a little much even for dad, seeing him in a Palace.