Into the Continent

1st September 1914 11:00am King Edward Island camp
POV major general Harrison Smythe
3 infantry regiments and 1 artillery battery are being prepared to head into the interior of the continent up the Firdor river. The garrison of New Leicester number 3000 men and the expeditionary force numbers also 3000 men and 40 guns. I feel confident and able that I'm able to do my job to map out the interior. "We probably will encounter enemy forces and hostile civilizations" I say to a friend.
"Possibly" Samuel Davidson replies.
I watch as my 3 regiments march up and down the parade ground square.
Elsewhere in New Leicester harbor the transport ships to take us to the Firdor river have arrived.
1st September 13:30pm HMS Knight
POV Rear Admiral John William Smith
I sit down at my desk to write a request to the admiralty in London to send me a Dreadnought even if it only for a month. After I finish my request I walk to the communication room and hand it to a junior communication officer. I then go for a walk round my ship.at 21:00 hours I head back to the communication room and am given a piece of paper with the reply on. I read it.
To Rear Admiral John William Smith,
Request received and granted. We will be sending HMS Warspite to help you on the 1st October for a month or so.
Admiralty
I smile as I walk back to my quarters. I sit back at my table and reach for a book on my shelf and begin to read it. By now the time was 21:50 and I go to bed for the night.

Authors section
Should I continue with the secondary plotline of exploring the continent or keep it as one plotline?