Part 36: Disappearance of Him

Start from the beginning

It was not family lunch time.

It was the expo for show off about their superiority over others. It made me suffocated several years. But, that time, it was too much.

Unfortunately, when I tried to stand up, my mom hold my hand. Softly, she told to keep on my seat. I told her my reason, but she just hold my arm tightly. I know her, she beg me to stay for a bit longer.

"When Sarawat doesn't like to be here, just let him go", my aunty made a comment.

I just look at her.

She avoided my gaze. "Don't look at the elder with that gaze", she told me.

"I am not looking at you"

"But your eyes is looking directly toward me"

"I am looking for that voice as it was too annoying", I made my reason.

My mom became burst, followed by laugh from her other sisters. "Sarawat is just joking", my mom told them.

I successfully ruined my aunty mood.

"I think that he is not joking. That is just Sarawat's genuine attitude", my cousin made his speech.

I smiled.

"Do you know what family say about you?", he asked me.

"Sure, why wouldn't I?"

He stop to talk, meanwhile I was still waiting for his answer.

"There is no way for me not to", I told him. "They are all hate me so much"

"Stop", my mom asked me.

"I am careless, I am dumb. I have bad attitude. I don't care of anything. And what is your problem?"

He just rolled his eyes.

"I know you called me an idiot", I pointed my finger toward him. "And you called me an asshole", I told to his young brother.

They took their sight down.

"But, I waited for you to talk to my face directly as I will be so grateful", I told them slower. "But, you are just coward as always talking behind of my back"

"He is also your older cousin", my uncle shouted at me. His father was trying to stand on their side. "You need to have respect for him"

"Do you need respect from an asshole?", I asked to my cousin. "Don't say yes. If so, you must be also an asshole"

Then, my other cousins laughed a lot. It must entertained them a lot.

That happy moment was interrupted as the waiters prepared for our lunch. There were a lot of dishes, but I lost my appetite.

I just waited for that moment until the end.

But, suddenly, they became so quiet. I took my sight up. I saw that my grandma came to that place. It was so shocking. I never thought that she would come.

"That is why I asked you to come", my mom whispered on my ear. "She asked me to ensure that you will come"

I knew.

I never made a call of met my grand ma since I left Bangkok and studied in Chiang Mai. It must be several months, already.

She took her sight toward me. I just look at her clumsily.

She made her speech. We just took our attention on him. No move. No voice.

Just her.

--*--