"Just some business stuff. Nothing that concerns you two," he says, his facial expression growing dark.

"I believe that if it concerns our grandfather, then it concerns us too," I say, taking a step forward, glaring in intimidation.

"You were so much nicer before you came here," he mutters, confusing me.

His words begin to bother me, jumping around in my head. As if it knows what the meaning is behind his words, but not at the same time. "What do you m—"

"He went that way," Damian interrupts, pointing to the place behind us. "You might run into our mother as you do so. They are possibly talking right now. Now leave. Your presence is becoming an annoyance."

Steven scuffs, rolling his eyes. "That makes two of us." He looks at me with a smile. "See ya later, Demetria." He waves to me, casually making his way to where Grandfather and Mother left.

I watch his back, watching as his figure becomes smaller in the distance. "We never told him our names," I say, glaring at his disappearing figure.

"Maybe Grandfather has already informed him of us."

"If Grandfather had informed him, then wouldn't he know that we're his grandchildren?" I state, pointing out the flaw in Damian's statement.

"You have a point," he says, glaring at the disappearing figure. "He may be an enemy."

"Maybe. But there's another part of me that's telling me that he's not an enemy to Grandfather."

"Not to Grandfather?" he asks in confusion. "What do you mean."

"I don't know. My intuition is telling me that he's bad news," I tell him, continuing to make my way to the prison cells, causing Damian to run after me.

"Then we should follow him," Damian argues.

"Bad news to us."

"What?"

"I can't explain it, Dami. But ever since I woke up from my "injury" that I have no recollection of how it began, everything felt off."

"How so?" he asks. "Feels fine to me."

"How many assassins working in the League have you come across today?"

Damian stays silent, thinking about my question. He opens his mouth to answer but slowly closes it.

"Precisely."

"One or two," he points out. "But Mother has informed me that Grandfather has sent many of the assassins on a mission. Did they not tell you that?"

"Grandfather did," I tell him. "Before he challenged me to a dual."

"You know Grandfather," he says. "He is always testing our strength. The sudden dual shouldn't surprise you."

"I guess," I say, stopping in the general area to where it leads to the prison cells. I stop in the middle of the space, still feeling uneasy about everything. Standing in the middle of the area, I look to my side, finding the luminescent green glow leading to the Lazarus Pit. Across the entrance is the entrance to the prison cells; however, my attention stays on the place leading to the Lazarus Pit.

"Dee," Damian calls. "The prison holding is over here. We have to hurry before Mother and Grandfather catches us."

Entering the room, Grandfather was only a few inches away from the Lazarus Pit. Damian ran to him and picked him up, walking towards the pit.

"Dami, you can't," I said softly, as I placed a hand on his shoulder.

"We have to try! We can't just leave him!"