Weapon

Demetria's P.O.V.:

The opponents move closer and closer, surrounding us from all sides. As they slowly move in on us, our little circle begins to get smaller, all huddling around Damian's motionless body.

"Keep Damian and Demetria safe," Batman commands, gripping his Batarangs. "Do not. I repeat. Do not let them fight."

"One of them is unconscious anyway, so I think we can handle it," Red Hood comments, twirling the guns in his hands.

"Don't get your hopes up," Tim comments, gripping his bo staff. Scanning the opponents in front of him, he quickly puts out his arm, reaching for the collar of my training attire, pulling me into the circle that they have all created.

"Tch. I told you that I can—"

"No," Nightwing says, cutting me off.

"But I can—"

"Fine," Superboy says, interrupting me. "If they somehow get near you, you take them down."

"I can do that," I answer, nodding my head. I can technically fight them if I move to them because then they'll be near me. The thought brings a small smirk to my face. An amazing idea, it is.

"But you're not allowed to approach them," Nightwing adds.

"Tch."

"They have to be the ones to approach you."

"Fine," I snarl. "But I don't like it."

"At least you understand," Batman says. Silence follows his words, small shuffles from the opposing side filling the silence. Batman's right hand slowly reaches into his utility belt. His fingers quickly switch from a Batarang to some other weapon—a ball-like structure. Seconds pass by, his grip with the balls in them tighten.

I slowly look around, not moving my head, only my gaze, seeing that each person, but Superboy has small circular weapons in one hand.

As I'm staring at them, trying to figure out what they are, my eyes widen in realization. Before I could comment on what it was, all their hands that were holding the balls raised, instantly throwing them onto the ground.

The balls thrown with force begin to emit gray smoke, flooding everyone's vision. Coughs begin to fill the silence along with the sound of the pressure being released.

I look around, watching as the five males make their move, running straight into the mountain of smoke, leaving me with Damian. I grip the hilt of my weapon, looking side to side, keeping my guard up, all while keeping a hand on Damian. I can feel his heart beating, his chest rising and falling, soon to come back to us. "Tch. Come on, Dami. Wake up." Clenching my fist atop of his chest, my head snaps to the side, the side, hearing a heavy footstep near us. Without hesitation, I take the knife in my hand and fling it into that direction, positive that it had hit someone in the chest.

Throwing the dagger, I hear it clang with a piece of metal. Assuming that this piece of metal is someone blocking the attack with their weapon, I slowly stand, my eyebrows furrowing in confusion. If it was a weapon that it had hit, there would've been some type of spark. Hell, the dagger would've come back in my direction if hit a certain way. But it didn't.

"What do you think that was, Dami?" I whisper, hoping for an answer. Damian's body stays motionless within my peripheral view. "Yeah. Me too." Two steps into that direction and the hairs at the back of my neck instantly rise. My eyes widen as I inhale sharply.

From the large clouds of gray grass, two red lasers appear out of nowhere, aimed straight at me. Reflexively, I jump up, flipping backward, over the lasers. I land on the ground, crouched, next to Damian. I looked over to Damian, panicked, seeing the familiar face of the robot with Big 'S', approaching us. "You're a stubborn bastard," I growl.