Principal's Office Pt. 2

Damian's P.O.V.

Now changed back into my proper uniform, Todd and I make our way towards the eating area.

"You should've thrown that ball harder."

"Tch. It's your fault."

"How the hell is it my fault?!"

"Because you said not to give away too much."

"Since when have you ever listened to me?!"

I stay silent, thinking about what he had just said. "Tch. It seemed like a reasonable thing to do at that moment."

Ending the conversation there, we reach the lunchroom. Pushing the two metal doors, we come face to face with many students. They all take short glances at us, peeking through the corner of their eyes.

"So," Todd says. "Lead the way."

I walk ahead, walking past the curious eyes and over to the table where Drake had taken us yesterday. Approaching the area of where the table lies, I find Drake and Grayson already conversing. "It's a miracle that they allow you irritations to stay here, this long," I say, taking a seat across from the two. As I take my seat, Todd sits next to me, leaning his head on his hand.

"So," Drake says. "Find anything?"

"Anything?" Todd asks.

"Anything useful?" Drake asks. "Did you two not do any investigation?"

Todd and I look at each other in realization but quickly act normal. "Tch. Of course."

"We're not idiots."

"Oh really," Grayson says, not convinced. "What do you have for us?"

"Well, for starters," Todd says, putting a finger up. "Damian and Demetria got the short end of the stick with their classes. Because the majority of them are either dumb or boring."

"Okay," Drake says. "Anything useful though?"

"Uhh...Oh! Those three brats!"

"What about them?" Grayson asks, interested in what he has to say.

"Yeah," I say. "What about them?"

"They," Todd says, "are shit at dodgeball. They act like they're tough, but they're weak as hell!"

"Don't tell me that that's all you got," Drake says.

"Of course not! Right, Damian! You have something to say! Right!"

I dig through my bag, pulling out the packed sandwich that Pennyworth had given me. Retrieving the tin-foiled sandwich within a brown paper bag, I begin to unwrap it, revealing a cucumber sandwich. Taking a bite out of the sandwich, I turn towards Todd with an unfazed expression. "No," I answer, going back to my sandwich.

"Thanks for the save, Demon Spawn," Todd growls.

"So, you two didn't find anything?!" Grayson exclaims.

"We did!" Todd complains. "I told you! Shit teachers and snobby kids playing shitty dodgeball! They weren't even that hard to beat!"

"You guys don't have anything useful or interesting?" Drake says, rubbing his temples.

I swallow a piece of sandwich in my mouth. "I threw a dodgeball at Knight, and now he's bleeding from his nose. Or forehead," I say, taking another bite of the sandwich. "I'm not sure where exactly, I just know that it was on the face and it was interesting."