The Princess is strange

"What's wrong with her again?"

The Crown Prince muttered as he returned to the carriage.

Patrick who has a sharp hearing, heard it despite his soft murmur, responded with his ears pricked up.

"Who? You mean Princess Carpoem?"

"Yeah."

Michael replied as he sighed softly.

Patrick noticed that the Crown Prince looked more tired than usual and asked.

"What did the Princess tell you this time?"

Michael was always in a bad mood whenever he visited from the Duchy.

But he had no choice but to do it. It was very humiliating for him, The Crown Prince of the Empire, to come and go to the Duchy under the order of his 'future' subjects.

In addition, it got worse after meeting Abigail, the spoiled and self-important Duke's daughter.

Patrick used to watch Michael relieving his anger in the carriage back to the capital.
But today was a little strange. Yes, it looked bad as before. But this time, Michael's voice was mixed in wonder. The quick-witted Patrick realized that today's meeting was a little different than usual.

"...but something is weird."

"What did she say?"

Michael who had been pondering, immediately replied,

"She bowed her head and apologized. Saying, She was sorry for making me come and go to their estate."

"Yes...?"

Patrick opened his eyes wide because he couldn't believe it.

The Princess? 'That' arrogant Princess apologized?

Patrick was so surprised that he didn't realized that he was being disrespectful to the Prince.

"No way! Didn't Your Highness heard it wrong?"

"She really did."

Even though he knew that Michael couldn't lie. He still could not believe it.

Patrick was the successor of Marquis Optio and have been with the Crown Prince for a very long time.

Same with the case when the Crown Prince first met Princess Abigail, when the two held an engagement ceremony, and when the Crown Prince, who entered the academy, went to the Duchy every month.

So Patrick knew how much Michael hated his fiancée, Abigail.

He knew her arrogance better than anyone from the sidelines. As far as Patrick knew, Abigail wasn't that great person to easily give an apology to anyone. Not even to her beloved Michael.

"What is she thinking? Is she trying to make fun of me?"

"Well...."

Looking at Michael frowning, Patrick suddenly thought.

Because the access was restricted in the Parlor room, Patrick could not hear the conversation between the two.

So he couldn't imagine Abigail lowering her head. Only the image of her raising her head arrogantly while ordering her servants were drawn in his head.