The Duke loved her

The Duke of Carpoem, Adrian, had a place he had to stop by for a set time of a day.

He usually lives in the office and hangs on to his work, but there were times when he doesn't want to be disturbed by anyone.

He was standing near a small artificial lake. Nearby, there was a small hut where one could rest, and the sorrounding area was beautiful as if painted with trees and grass.

When the wind blew, the lake will shook gently, drawing ripples.

On the side of the forest came the sound of birds singing, and the sun glistened on the lake. It was a peaceful landscape.

Adrian swept the old canvas he had set up in front of the lake by hand. Around it, art tools with a sense of time were scattered all around.

Adrian, staring at it, let out a long sigh.

"Canella...."

He called out the name of the person he missed. But as the wind blows, those words fleetingly scattered.

He remembered his wife when he first met her.

Canella, who had come a long way from the South, was a typical Southern beauty. Yellow blonde hair, green eyes, like a melted honey. She looks more like a doll rather than a human.

But Adrian didn't like her very much. It was not because it was an arrange marriage between families, or it was not because he wasn't that interested or dating anyone, but because he could not see his wife who he'd been married politically because of her rebellion against her family, positively.

A woman who despises the Northeners but gets married for money.

Adrian initially thought and saw his wife with prejudiced eyes.

But Canella, who married him, was completely opposite on what he thought.

It was love at first sight for Canella when she saw Adrian at the party where she first made her debut. Adrian, the Duke's successor, was a prominent figure in society. His side was always full of people who wanted to catch his attention.

Cannella wandered around him everytime but couldn't get close to him. Because of her timid personality, it was impossible to approach him first and tell her feelings.

That is until when the families between them talked about marriage. Of course, she was overjoyed. Since she will be married to the person she's in love with for a very long time, she wondered if it is a dream.

With a pounding heart, though she had a hard time, she came up to the North. But what awaited her was Adrian's cold eyes.

Was there something that displeased him?

Cannella only blamed herself for her shortcomings. She never resented her husband for being cold-hearted. She didn't know that he will hate her so much. Still, she was very happy to marry him.

Canella soothed her grief by her hobby.

Her only hobby was painting. When she was young, she heard that she was quite talented, constantly doing some fun with her brushes. The art teacher who taught her until she got married, said she felt sorry for painting tools.

But Canella was satisfied with things as they are now. Even though she couldn't paint a picture that will go down in history, she felt more comfortable drawing such a small landscape painting.

An artificial lake that she accidentally discovered while looking around the Duke's residence was Canella's resting place. There, she laid out large canvases and art tools and painted for hours a day.