24.

Shortly after they'd finished eating, it was around 7 when they started to get there.

Sean helped kaycee get the rest of the stuff out and situated before anyone showed.

Kaycee was upstairs fixing stuff around when she looked in the mirror and felt...gross.

Kaycee: "Sean?!"

Sean: "hmm?"

Kaycee: "can you come upstairs?!"

Sean: "one second bubba"

Kaycee was holding her stomach, running her fingers through her hair, inspecting every inch of her face for a flaw.

Sean: "what's wrong?"

Kaycee: "I think I might get in the shower"

Sean: "no, you look beautiful, don't change"

Kaycee: "I look fat, and this doesn't look right on me..."

Sean: "says who?"

Kaycee: "the mirror"

Sean turned kaycee away from her reflection to look at him, he put one hand on her hip and one underneath her chin to keep eye contact.

Sean: "I don't give a fuck what you think the mirror says kaycee...you are the most beautiful human being, inside and out. you look stunning in that, your body is perfect, like so damn perfect...you don't deserve to belittle yourself like that, so please step away from the mirror and trust me babe."

Kaycee sighed and dropped her head against his chest.

Sean: "and I'm sorry for swearing, I didn't mean to let it slip"

Kaycee: "it's fine"

Sean: "you okay?"

Kaycee: "mhm"

Sean pulled her head up and crashed their lips together. She deserved to know how loved she truly was by him, and the rest of the world.

The kiss was longer than usual, and better than all of the ones they shared prior. It was only broken up by the sound of the doorbell.

When he glanced at her cheeks they were a bright shade of red.

Sean: "I love you...with all my heart. Now calm yourself down and meet us downstairs princess"

She smiled at him. He truly was the absolutely best.

Sean shook away his butterflies and opened the door to a smiling Josh and Julian.

Julian: "bro!"

Sean: "hey guys"

Josh: "where's kayc?"

Sean: "upstairs finishing up getting ready"

Julian: "I'm glad you guys decided to do this, we felt terrible for leaving the hospital the other night"

Sean: "yeah, I didn't. I was there all night, and i think I slept 4 hours maybe..."

Josh: "damn dude"

Sean: "I don't think I would've been able to leave you know? She's always there for me, it was my turn"

Just then kaycee came down the stairs and Sean couldn't help but smile when she still had the same outfit on.

Julian: "hey kayc, you look nice!!"

Josh: "black eyes and all"

She giggled and gave them both a hug, seriously thankful for them.

Sean didn't like when they complimented her, but he knew it was just for kindness purposes. And he knew he needed to cool it.

Just then the door bell rang again, and before kaycee could open the door, Tahani, Tati, and Bailey strolled in like it was theirs.

Tahani: "the party's here"

Julian: "fuck! we're outnumbered."

They all laughed and crowded around the island to catch up for a bit.

Tahani: "wait I have an idea...why don't we play truth or dare."

Julian: "yes"

Josh: "I'm down"

Everyone else agreed except for kaycee who was obligated to play anyway so she just stood their silently awaiting her then.

Tahani: "okay, Josh, truth or dare?"

Josh: "truth"

Tahani: "is it true that two years ago you slid into Baileys dms with a cheesy pick up line?"

Josh bowed his head in embarrassment.

Josh: "that was a bad time"

Their laughs grew louder, and a few more rounds took place until it was Sean's turn.

Julian: "truth or dare bro?"

Sean: "dare I guess"

Julian: "I dare you to kiss Tahani"

Sean: "woah woah woah, on the cheek maybe"

Tahani blushed, and kaycee on the other hand, did not.

Sean got a pit in the bottom of his stomach when he glanced at kaycee who looked pissed.

He knew if he went through with it she'd be mad at him for awhile, but if he didn't they'd raise suspicions.

Sean: "on the cheek, no lips"

Julian: "fine"

Sean pecked her on the cheek as lightly as possible and even though he knew it wasn't that big of a deal it was to her, and that's why it meant a lot to him too.

Kaycee held it together for the rest of the game but afterwards when they all gravitated to the living room kaycee stayed out in the kitchen.

Bailey: "you coming kayc?"

Kaycee: "oh yeah...I uh...I was just gonna wait for the pizza guy, it says he's coming down the street"

they all bought it except for Sean.

But she didn't lie. The pizza guy was coming, but Sean wasn't gonna let her go out and get it in the dark, especially as a young lady.

he was always protective like that.

Bailey: "okay, let us know when it's here"

She nodded with a fake smile that could've been noticed if paid attention to.

Kaycee made her way out to the garage to wait. She didn't know what to do because she wanted to confide in him, but she was upset that he went through with such a dare. Even if it was just on the cheek.

She wanted that kiss.

Josh: "hey should I go wait with kaycee? I feel bad she's out there"

Sean: "great minds think alike, I got it, thanks bro"

Sean was nervous to approach her, knowing she'd be upset but he knew he couldn't leave her mad...that would turn out a thousand times worse.