8.

Kylie grabbed Kaycee's hand and made her look up.

Kylie: "is this because you feel like a second option?"

Kaycee felt the tears slip

Kaycee: "I mean, I guess...I just...I dunno how to tell him or what to even say. That's why I've been pushing him away so damn much"

Kylie wrapped her arms around kaycee and let her cry into her shoulder.

Kylie: "then pretend I'm not here, and tell me right now, exactly how you're feeling."

Kaycee laid down and stared at the ceiling as she spoke clearly.

Kaycee: "I feel like this is once again, my fault for not being courageous enough to come to him about my feelings. I guess I just never wanted to admit that I felt more for him than I thought I did. He's not just my best friend Ky, he's literally my soulmate. We do...well...we did everything together, and I never even thought that what we were doing wasn't normal. I know you guys didn't know this but when me and Sean had sleepovers, he cuddled me to sleep and he made sure I was okay before he was comfortable. I have a stash of his hoodies in my closet, and I wanna wear them every single day but he has a girlfriend now...so that kinda stuff isn't acceptable anymore, I guess...I just feel like I'm a second option right now, and he'll always be my first."

Kylie: "that was beautiful kaycee"

She looked up confused at her sisters response

Kaycee: "huh?"

Kylie: "that right there, was the most I've heard you open up about anything in a long time. and me and you both know who needs to hear that exact speech next"

Kaycee: "no ky, I can't tell him, not yet"

Kylie: "I can't stand to see you hurt like this much longer kaycee...so either find the guts to tell your best friend how you feel or learn to get over it. Take your pick"

Kaycee was shocked, she didn't expect her sister to become that hostile.

Kaycee: "don't get mad"

Kylie: "I'm not mad, I'm just putting my foot down because if I don't make a decision we both know you won't"

Kaycee: "you're right..."

Kylie: "he loves you, you can see it in the way he looks at you."

Kaycee: "I dunno ky...he claims to be falling for Bailey. That's what she told me."

Kylie: "then catch him...and bring him back to you. it's all in your hands kaycee...don't blow it"

Just then her phone went off, and as she glanced it was Sean texting her.

Sean: "hey, made it home safe...u okay?"

Kylie: "I assume that's him huh?"

Kaycee: "yeah"

Kylie: "what's it say? if you don't mind saying"

Kaycee: "just told me he made it home safe and stuff, the usual"

Kylie: "did he ask if you were alright"

Kaycee took another glance at the message to make sure she read it right

Kaycee: "mhm"

Kylie: "you better answer him."

Kaycee: "I will, right now"

Kaycee: "thanks for checking in, glad you made it home safe & sound...and yes, I'm good"

Kylie: "we're you nice about it?!"

Kaycee: "yes kylie!! are you the police now or something?!"

Kylie: "no...I'm sorry...I just....don't like when you two fight like this"

Kaycee: "well we aren't fighting okay?"

Kylie: "just, try and fix this. and I love you"

Kaycee: "love you too ky"

Kylie left after giving kaycee a warm hug that she didn't want at first, but loved once given.

Kaycee sat her phone on the nightstand beside her bed and fell back, her head missing the pillow and her feet dangling off the edge.

Kaycee: "I just wish he'd love me the way I love him"

She listened to herself say that and felt her heart hurt from inside. Falling for your best friend was one thing, but falling for your best friend while they fall for someone else is a whole different ball game she didn't know how to play.

Bringing her out of her thoughts was her phone ringing.

She picked it up and sighed in relief when she noticed it was Tahani.

Tahani: "hey kay, just making sure you're feeling better...I know we left without saying goodbye"

Kaycee: "yeah, I'm sorry I had a little melt down...just a lot going on right now"

Tahani: "believe me, I feel you."

Kaycee: "that being said, I really appreciate you guys coming and watching that, it meant a lot to have you both there"

Tahani: "I wouldn't have missed it, I'm so proud of you babes"

Kaycee: "you make me feel so much better T, I swear"

She giggled behind the phone

Tahani: "well, if you need anything, please call yeah?"

Kaycee: "got you on speed dial"

Tahani: "I love you, be safe and I'll see you soon"

Kaycee: "love you T!"

Kaycee smiled, how come her energy was always so positive.

Then kaycee thought.

She used to be the same way until her light was taken away.

Was Sean her light?

She shook the idea away and looked at her messages seeing that Sean had left her on open...which he never did. like ever.

She couldn't help but become upset so she texted again.

Kaycee: "yeah night, love you too...and thanks for coming tonight. vid was crazy good. don't worry about texting me back, must be too much of a hassle."

She threw her phone on the ground, not caring to plug it in to the charger and flipped to face her wall as she began to doze off.

Sean had just gotten out of the shower and saw the text from kaycee and immediately let out a loud sigh.

Bailey: "what's wrong?"

Sean: "nothing bai...just tired"

Bailey: "we'll come cuddle silly"

Sean: "be there in one second, lemme go wash my face"

He wasn't really washing his face, he was texting her back and apologizing for leaving her on open after the argument they just had.

And he knew when she woke up, she'd be overwhelmed by the length of the paragraph but he needed to make sure he got it all out.