23.

In the morning once they'd both woken up, Sean slid out from under kaycee and started to clean up the room as best as he could.

There was a knock on the door around 8:30 and he went to answer it quietly in order not to wake kaycee who was still completely out.

Nurse: "good morning Sean, we need to take kaycee for some scans this morning"

Sean: "sure she's still asleep so let me wake her up really quick"

Nurse: "sure thing, press the button beside the bed when you're ready for us!"

Sean: "sure thing"

Sean walked over to the bed and sat down besides Kaycee's lifeless looking body. She never moved much once she fell asleep.

He gently shook her until her eyes fluttered open and she smiled at him.

Kaycee: "good morning handsome"

Sean smiled and placed a small kiss on her forehead.

Sean: "how'd you sleep?"

Kaycee: "surprisingly good I think"

Sean: "yeah you didn't wake up at all"

Kaycee: "did you?"

Sean: "periodically just to make sure you were okay"

Kaycee: "aww, I was fine, now you're probably tired"

Sean: "I'm not, and plus, I just wanted to make sure, your parents trusted me to take care of you"

Kaycee: "there wasn't much to do hence the fact that I was asleep"

He chuckled

Sean: "the nurse should be coming up to get you for scans, so I'm gonna head home, but text me how they go okay?"

Kaycee stuck her lip out in a pout

Sean: "what?"

Kaycee: "I don't want you to go"

Sean: "I need to shower and get changed baby, you can FaceTime me once you're on your way home and maybe I'll bring you some dinner tonight"

Kaycee: "fine"

He smiled

Sean: "kiss me before I go"

She giggled and leaned in to kiss him gently before pulling away to the sound of the nurse coming in.

Nurse: "morning kaycee"

Kaycee: "good morning"

Sean: "I'll see you tonight bubba"

Kaycee: "mkay, I love you"

Sean: "I love you too"

She watched him walk out, his back muscles shining through the shirt he had on when it hung the right way.

Her scans went well, and she was released from the hospital no later than noon that same day.

Her parents drove her home and as soon as she got comfortable in her bed she called Sean.

Sean: "hey bubbas"

Kaycee: "hey hey"

Sean: "how'd your scans go?"

Kaycee: "they said I'm all good, my face is gonna be sore for awhile though"

Sean: "those black eyes are gonna take some time to heal"

Kaycee: "I feel so stupid with them, I look like I have two purple eye patches on"

Sean: "stop it, you look beautiful"