009; you have pretty hair

YOU HAVE PRETTY HAIR

song; new flesh by current joys.

]suddenly lev walked up to y/n and i as we were coming out of the game store. he took us with him to the table kuro was sitting with food. 

he took y/n by her arm as they were walking. tch.

"did you guys get everything?" kuro asked us.

"why do you want so many games all at once, y/n? i thought you liked to watch people play, not play yourself." lev said. why does he randomly know things about y/n?

mind your business beanstalk.

"yeah but i wanted to play with kenma." she said softly. very softly, almost whispering. i flushed red and looked at kuro who gave me a smirk. 

she wants to play with me... yeah.

"i'll play too!" lev said. bruh no thank you. manz butting in for no reason again. why did he get invited again???

"sure! we'll all play together, but i'll play with kenma on the side, too. i want him to teach me how to play.." y/n said. i went to sit closer to y/n because i wanted to. i smiled at her and she giggled. 

"oh, i'm going home. it's starting to get dark." lev said. y/n looked outside and wanted to go to, since that's the time her mom always tells her to get home. but kuro held her wrist, shocking us both. kuro also looked kind of shocked with himself.

"he finally left." i said. y/n frowned at me.

"what?" she asked kuro softly. right, y/n doesn't know what i think of that good-for-nothing beanstalk.

"we'll walk you home." i said with a gentle smile.

"no, actually. i need to get something for my mom. you guys go without me." kuro suddenly said as he flashed me a smile. 

oh. 

he's giving me more alone time with y/n. 

can this day get any better?

"let's go, then." she said.

yeah, let's go. i'm gonna try and be a bit bold today, since we spent so much time together.

i held her hand as we started walking towards the train.

she looked at me and blushed, intertwining her finger with mine. she likes it?

she likes holding my hand????

??????

i need to talk to bloominchoco about this, is this progress? maybe it's because we're friends. i don't know. she used to think i was pretty right? did i change a lot?

"kenma.. why did you dye your hair?" she asked me, interested.

"tora told me i looked like a horror movie character with my long black hair so i dyed it, to not stand out too much."

"does the color not make you stand out to people more?" 

"surprisingly not. not at all. do you... like it?" i asked her. damn that took me some courage, i already regret asking her even though she hasn't responded.

"yeah! i mean, i always liked your hair, but the blond looks really pretty on you." she said. suddenly playing with my hair as we sat on a bench, waiting for the train to come.

"what.. are you doing?" i asked her. she put her face next to mine and chuckled.

"playing with your hair. it's really soft. is it bothering you?" 

"n-no, no. it's okay. i was just a bit confused." 

"alright, then." she said.

the train arrived a few minutes after as we got in and got back home together.

i walked her to her door and had a small talk with her mom, she was asking me about where in the hell i've been these few years. when i was literally a street away.

i guess i'll see them a lot from now on... i'm glad.