001; prologue

prologue of my first kenma story  <3

"oi kenma, are you excited?"

"for what?"

"did you really forget? you're supposed to be happy!" kuroo said as he lazily sat down on the bench next to me. i don't really know what he's talking about, is there a new animal crossing update coming?

"what are you talking about?"

"it's my last year of high school! don't you know what that means?" he looked at me with an excited expression that faded away quickly, when he realized, 

i still have no idea what he's talking about.

"why would i be excited about you being a third year? that just means i have no one to talk to until high school is over for me, which is a year after you graduate."

"you sound quite lonely, kenma."

"i don't need friends, kuroo. i can distract myself with games and people are complicated. i'm not good with talking to people and i don't want to be."

"i know i know, but i'll give you a hint about what i meant." right, he still hasn't told me about why i should be so excited.

"the hint is, now that you're a second year. there's new freshmen , so new first years.." he looked at me with hope in his eyes, hope that i would understand.

but uh,

why would i care about first years? does he want to bully them or something?

"alright, uh, another hint. people born in 1996 that live around here, or want to come to nekoma high, are now students here."

.........that's basically the same thing he said just now, only in a more specific way.

"so?"

"....kenma i didn't know you were this stupid." i looked up from my phone as i looked at him,

"just tell me."