Chapter 25: Nationals

Almost there.

Disclaimer everything besides Yumi and her family belong to Takeshi Konomi. Happy reading.

---///:;;;:/-

Today was the beginning of nationals. Schools from all over Japan were here. They were powered up. We were watching Rokkaku match against Higa-chu. I was shocked for two reason. The main reason was that Higa-chu injured Rokkaku's coach. Kunimitsu turned my head to his chest so that I wouldn't see. The other reason was that Echizen came to compete.

Seigaku was going against Higa-chu. The matches were intense. Kunimitsu was next for singles. I was so worried that he would get hurt. He gave me a hug and whispered that he would be ok. I could see the members looking at us. They already knew. He let go and walked on the court. He gave me one look and nodded. I nodded back and mouthed him to be careful. Fuji and Oishi stood next to me as the match started.

I saw that his opponent Kite was doing anything to win. He even got sand in Kunimitsu's eyes. The one thing Kite did that made Kunimitsu angry was that he hit the ball towards me. I screamed. Kunimitsu was able to swing the ball before it got to me. To win the game quickly, Kunimitsu unleashed a technique that he locked away since his arm injury long time ago. I was happy that he won. He came to me quickly and gave me a hug. I was so happy that he didn't get hurt.