Chapter 9: News from the Team

Here is another chapter. Disclaimer everything besides Yumi and her family belong to Takeshi Konomi who's is the creator of the story.

-----------///////-1111111//--

Its been three week since the night incident and we were closer than before. We were still friends though. We would help each other every now and then during rehab. He even let me read some emails that he got from the substitute captain, Oishi. When he got videos of the Seigaku's tennis matches, he lets me watch with him. On the day when the team was supposed to play against a team called Rokkaku, Tezuka sent a message through his phone. He told them not to be careless. I can tell that he was serious. Overtime, I learned more about Tezuka. We had some similarities like our interest in classical music and world history.

As time went on, I notice that he never had the serious face on when we were alone. He would have it during rehab or when we were around other people. I wondered why. It was confusing to me.

I decided to go see Hannah for advice and what she thought about what I had to say about this. We met at the cafe where she drank beer. After we talked for an hour, she made me realized that I fell in love with him. She thinks that Tezuka may have developed some feelings as well because the way he looked at me. I was happy and afraid of the idea. I was afraid that he wouldn't have the same feelings for me.

I left Hannah to her drinking and went back to the rehab facility. I decided to go to my room. I went to my room and looked out the window. I saw Tezuka watching the tennis court. Two people were playing tennis. One person was in a wheelchair. {He wouldn't have feelings for me. He's too focused on tennis. He wouldn't have the time.} I sighed and went to the library to read some books.

After a couple of hours, I decided to head to my room. Before I got to my room, I bumped into Tezuka at the lobby. "Hello, Tezuka," I greeted him. "Hello, Yumi," I heard him say. I notice that when I say his name, his eyes soften. {What was that?} "I got a new email from Oishi. Would you like to see it with me?" he asked. "Um...sure," I said. We went to his room. He let me sit in his chair while he got the email on the screen. It turned out that the team was heading to the finals soon. Oishi wanted to know Tezuka would say to them. Also, it appeared that Oishi was having a hard time helping the team.

Tezuka walked to the window after he read the email. I turned my head toward him. "Your worried about the team aren't you." I said softly. He didn't say anything. I could see his reflection on the window. He was worried. I did the only thing I could do. I stood up from the chair and walked up to him. I hesitantly placed my hand on his shoulder. He turned to see my hand on his shoulder and then looked at me. I knew my heart was racing but, I didn't care at this moment. I was worried for him. "Don't worry, they will be ok. They will win and I know that Oishi will take good care of them," I assures him. His eyes soften at my words. He only nodded. I smiled at him and removed my hand. "Thank you," he said. "Your welcome," I said. We spent the whole day taking in his room.

Two days later

Tezuka and I had just finished our rehab for the day. We head to our room to take a shower. Before I entered my room, Tezuka told me that he got another email from Oishi. He told me to take a shower first and come to his room when I was done. I quickly took a shower and got dressed. I quickly made my way to his room. He let me sit in his chair again. We read the email together. Oishi realized that he was the one with the axiety and not the team. The team would be aiming high in the finals. "It looks like he can handle the team now," I said. I was proud of Oishi now. I turned my head to Tezuka behind me. He nodded his head. "What will you write to them. I could see that Tezuka was thinking. After a few minutes, he asked if he could sit in the chair. I moved aside and let him reply to the email. It was a message for all of them. He wrote to them to support each other and to not be careless. I smiled. {That is Tezuka.}

Tezuka got up and faced me. I looked at him. "Tezuka," I said. I didn't expect what happened next. Before I knew it, he wrapped his arms around me. "Thank you, Yumi," I heard him say. I smiled and returned the hug. "Your welcome," I said.