Prologue Part I: Her History

Hi everyone! I know I said that I will start in a few days but, I thought I put something for now. There will be three parts to the prologue. I felt that readers should know Yumi's background. The first part is not pretty, but it will get better. Make sure to leave comments and let me know what you think. Also, vote. This lets me know if people are interested to the story.
P.s.: if you feel offended by this chapter please wait to read until the second prologue to come out. happy reading!
----------------

Yumi had a hard life. Before she was born, her family expected another boy in the family. When she was born, she was a disappointment. For the first four years of her life, she wasn't aware of the disappointment that the adults felt about her existence. Her brothers were very protective ... at first. As a baby, her brothers, Hiroji and Hiroki, would watch her and talk to her. She would coo and giggle at them. Whenever she got in trouble by the adults, they would take the blame. When she cried, they would comfort her. As they grew older, her brothers grew apart from her. Her brothers became focused on school work in order to follow their father's footsteps to become great lawyers.

When she turned six years old, her life changed in the worse possible way for her. She came home one day and stopped in the kitchen to grab a snack.
"Go to the living room," her mother said as she was cooking dinner. Yumi walked to the living room to see her father there. She saw the report card on the table. Her father grabbed the report card and walked across the room towards her. "What is with the "C" in Science," her father demanded in a stern voice. She looked down at her feet. Science was not her best subject.

Even though she was a girl in the family, she was expected to be perfect. "Its not just Science, but a "C" in Vocabulary as well!" Her father was near yelling. "I don't know sir," she whispered. "On top of that, you got expelled at a most prestigious school with bad grades! What do you have to say about this?" As he stood right in front of her. "I don't know sir," she whispered again. "Our family expects perfection and obviously you are not meeting that expectation," he said as he walked away from her and slammed the report card on the table.

Yumi felt like she wanted to disappear at that point. Her whole body shook with fear. Her father faced her. "You left me with no choice. leave the house. You are no daughter of mine," he said angrily. Yumi sank to her knees with tears down her face. "Leave!" He yelled.

Yumi got off the floor and ran to her room. She took her bag and packed some of her belongings. When she was done, she went to the door. She saw her mother. Yumi saw the disappointment in her eyes. Yumi opened the door and ran out.