Chapter 18: Approval

Here we go. another chapter. Disclaimer everything besides Yumi and her family belong to Takeshi Konomi. Happy reading.

Check my other stories if u can.

--/:;())$$$$;//

There I was in the doorway to the living room. This just reminds me of the time when my mother told me to go to the living room before I got disowned. I wasn't so sure what to do. Ayana just left me to get tea and Kunimitsu went to put my bag away. I stood there frozen until I felt a hand on mine. I turned my head and Kunimitsu stood next to me. I let out a breath of relief. "Hai," Kunimitsu said. I introduce myself to him and we took our seats. His mother brought some tea.

I answered all the questions they asked me from school work to my favorite hobbies. Kunimitsu's grandfather asked me the one question that I wasn't too sure how to answer. "Who are your parents?," he asked "Um..." I looked at Kunimitsu. I wasn't so sure if I could tell the whole story. His family has been so nice to me so far. I thought it would be ok to tell them my story but, I want him to tell it for me. Kunimitsu got the message and proceeded to tell them my story. He held my hand to keep me calm.

As I thought, they were shocked in the beginning of my story. After he told my story, I could see tears in his mother's eyes. His father and grandfather looked at my with sympathy. "I am so sorry that you have to go through that, especially at a young age," his grandfather said. "Its alright. I just glad that your grandson is helping me get through this. I am so happy. I don't know what I would do without him," I said honestly. I looked up at Kunimitsu and gave him a smile. He returned with a smile. I saw his mother gave us a smile. His father and grandfather nodded their head in approval.

Kunimitsu gave me a tour of his home. He showed me his backyard that had a koi pond. It was nice. The sun went down and we had a great dinner. I got to learn a lot of things about his family. After dinner, Kunimitsu and I went to his room. His room was purple with blue curtains. His room was very neat. Kunimitsu was showing me some tennis books until we heard his mother calling him to come down the stairs because someone wanted to see him. "I will be right back," he said. I nodded my head and he left his room.

After a while, he came in with Echizen. Echizen sat on his knees on the floor. Kunimitsu sat in his chair while I sat on his bed. Echizen talked a lot about his fighting spirit and what Kunimitsu told him about his opponents and winning. He really wanted to play against Kevin. "The Seven Invitational members cannot be changed at this time" Kunimitsu said. Echizen put his head down in defeat. Kunimitsu looked at me. I knew what he wanted me to say. "However, there is room for a substitute," I said. Echizen turned his head toward me. "Would you accept?" I asked. "Hai," Echizen said. Kunimitsu said that he can't guarantee that he will play. Kunimitsu got the paper of the line up of the players and made a note about Echizen to be the substitute. While he made a note, I talked to Echizen. "I have a feeling that once Kevin knows that you are a substitute, he will do what ever he can to make you play," I said. Echizen nodded his head.

Echizen left and it was time for bed. I got dressed and head to Kunimitsu's room. I gave Kunimitsu a peck on the cheek and said good night to him. Then I went to the guest room and had a sweet dream.