Chapter 12 : Knitting music

Start from the beginning

  "We have a pug?! That's wonderful, Pug's are possibly the cutest thing! What's it called?" Alice chirped, patting Monopug on his head. Monopug's red eye seemed to glow brighter than ever before, except for the time James angered him.

  "Excuse me, but I am NOT a pug, I am Monopug, your headmaster! Now stop petting me or you will become a fancy wall decoration!" Monopug chuckled, digging his paws into Alice hand. She screamed, and ran over to me. She put me in front of her, as if she was protecting herself.

  "Are you using me as a shield!?" I barked at her furiously. Alice simply whimpered in reply. Monopug strolled up to Alice, and began to explain everything in detail. He mentioned the rules, trial, and even the gruesome deaths of our friends, all Alice could do was gasp in horror.

  "Now that I have finished educating the late student, I can explain the real reason why im here!" Monopug smiled at us.

  "So, you didn't come here for Alice?" Dylan questioned, raising his eyebrow, "What did you come here for then?"

  Monopug spun on the spot: "I came over here to explain this door to you!" Monopug's felt arm pointed towards a gigantic door with the words 'Music room' printed onto it. Heather took in a deep breath and screamed at the top of her lungs. She launched herself onto the door handle, and crazily began to tug on it. Unfortunately, her efforts failed, as the door failed to budge a single bit.

  "This door is being mean, let's kill it!" Heather shouted angrily, continuing to shake the door handle. 

  "Upupu! If you listened to me, you would understand! This door, is a little tricky. All you have to do is spin the entire door handle round first, and then push, and that's it!" Monopug chuckled pushing open the door for Heather.

  Heather fell flat onto the blue floor. There was a lack of tables in the Music room, but rows and rows of instruments, ranging from trumpets to drums to even items like kazoos.

  We all entered, and left Monopug behind to wonder away into the maze-like school. Heather sprang to her feet and dashed straight to their electric guitars, while nick happily skipped over to a laptop hidden in the corner. Me, Dylan, Adam and the new recruit, Alice began to investigate the plain room. 

  I walked around the room by Alice's side. From what it seemed, Alice seemed to be in the exact same situation as us, except contained on a different floor. I was eager to discover more, but unsure on what to question her about.

  "So, do you remember anything?" I asked simply.

  "Nothing of the sort, only my name, and the peculiar memories of entering Lakepeak academy, very peculiar indeed..." Alice pondered, "Oh, I also remember my ultimate ability! I presume you have one too, Hm?"

  I smiled towards her: "Yes, im the ultimate Baker,"

  "How fascinating, I am the ultimate knitter!" Alice smiled, putting her gloves directly in front of my face. 

  "So, you knitted those things in the workshop? That's awesome!" I smiled, hoping to lift the spirits, although i am normally unsuccessful. 

  "Yeah, I can knit kind of quickly, but the knitting was kind of sloppy..." Alice sighed. 

  Dylan's view ~

  In all honesty, I did not trust the new girl at all, it just made no sense why she would be stored on the second floor. For all we know, she could be the mastermind, but just blending in with us to hide her presence. Maybe im just over thinking all of this, but I can't help the nagging feeling of rue settling in the back of my mind.

  Nick had seemed to be programming something onto the silver, worn out laptop, and Heather was browsing through the endless collection of guitars with drool slipping from her lips. Adam waddled alongside me, his arms winded into his long sleeves.

  "I don't trust Alice, she seems suspicious," I whispered to Adam, whom of which quickly shifted his focus onto me. 

  "Huh, uh, why don't you? She seems innocent enough..." Adam replied, blushing.

  "Well, she has only just been introduced, surely she could... you know, without any regret's..." I once again insisted.

  Adam folded his arms: "I... uh, sure, if you say so! That seems... correct, I guess!" 

  "Just promise to not to get too... friendly with her, i don't trust her a single bit," I quietly whispered, nudging Adam with my arm. In reply, Adam nodded, and once again pulled in his arms, making him resemble a cold penguin. My mind once again imprinted more and more thoughts of untrusting into my brain...

  Nick's view ~

  I felt as if I was in heaven. The memories of tapping away at a keyboard triggered emotions I forgot even existed. I completely lost focus on the investigation, and spiralled into my own little technological world. 

  Despite that, the computer was quite bare and was in bad shape. A crack had slithered its way across the screen, and the computer had no trace of internet or files, except one. It was a single text file named 'D%0XAI7 S=U3^*TS'.

  Jessica jolted me back into reality with a light tap on the shoulder. I span round and saw Jessica and Alice tower over me. Alice's eyes seemed to be fixed onto the computer screen.

  "Did you find anything?" Jessica asked me, nodding her head towards the screen. I promptly swivelled my body towards the screen, and clicked on the file I discovered. The file opened, but the document was completely filled with un-translatable random sequences.

  "I... Have no idea what this is," I mutely chuckled, adjusting my glasses onto my face.

  "Maybe it's... encrypted or something? Can you undo it?" Alice pointed out, scrutinising the document.

  Hastily, i brought up the command prompt and began to type away, looking for a solution. I don't code, but I know the fundamentals. Being a digital musician's allows you to learn awesome skills like this, but hardly anyone I knew was interested in what im good at, but instead they all picked out my upsetting flaws. I erased the Monopad information from my brain immediately, and focused once more to decipher the words. 

  I suddenly hit the jackpot, and the words began to scramble around. Alice, Jessica and I watched in awe as the words disappeared and reappeared, switching places and expand. The process finished, and we looked glumly looked at the screen. The words still appeared as a complete and utter random mess.

  "Well, I can see a few things..." I started, pulling on my turtle neck, "It's says on the first line 'S^(T!% O& ^TU!*"T) : TW*)!% A*I)V!, %HR)£ D*+D'."

  Our hopes lowered, this literally gave us nothing to work from. I apologised to the girls, who were looking as hopeless as me.

 "Well, never mind, might as well continue to look!" Jessica spoke, her voice reeking of disappointment.

 The investigation of the room came to a close, as we all began to venture back into the halls. I closed up the laptop, in hopes it might come useful in the future. It was a struggle, but we dragged away heather from the collection of guitars. 

  Why did I have to be reminded? Why am I so useless, I can't even work out a code...? Everyone must think im a nuisance by now... Why... Why?

  [[Somehow, I accidently deleted this story xD, Don't worry, it is back up now, all is good :D And thank you so much for over 600 views! That's way more than I expected! Thank you all <3]]

  [[Do you trust Alice? Dylan, obviously doesn't, but Dylan's ideas are not yours! Feel free to post a comment or even leave a little like if you liked this chapter :D ]]

  [[Nicholas technology dance *boop boop*, First time Nick has been in the hot seat, such fun :D Thanks for reading, and see you next time! ]]