Chapter 16 : Trail 2 ~ Fake trust

No-one's view ~

  The room was still beautifully decorated with vibrant posters and splatters of rainbow confetti when the entire group travelled back to the gym. The banquet of food laid out upon the pristine table untouched because of the unfortunate disruption.

  Everyone waited patiently for the entrance to the court room to elevate up. A pressuring feeling of anxiousness hovered over the group. The pink punk girl quickly retrieved her streaky pink guitar from the stage, where she dumped it before dashing after the others. No one started conversation, until the arrival of Monopug, that is. 

  The black and white pug plodded into the gym wearing his normally goofy looking smile. His red eye seemed to glimmer in the darkened room, setting a feeling of unease. "Upupu! Looks like you are all here on time!" Monopug's smile instantly turnt into a diabolical frown, "What happened here? A party!?” Monopug chuckled while plodding along over to the stage, "My students had a party and did not invite little old me? How rude, Upupupu!"

  "We're sorry, we thought you wouldn’t..." Adam started, his face flushed of all colour. Monopug's felt eyebrows narrowed.

  "Upupupu! I knew you were having a party, I know everything! I knew something like this would have happened if I did not interfere..." Monopug laughed, squeezing his grey belly to contain his laughter.

  "You... knew someone would die?" Dylan spluttered, his eye's flaring with confusion.

  Monopug sighed: "Yup, it would be such a disappointing party if no one died!"

  "My party was supposed to be fun, you party pooper!" Heather yelled. She swiftly folded her arms and turnt up her nose.

  "Let me guess, Monopug is going to say something like 'Upupu! It was not me who killed someone, now was it?'" Tim mocked, exaggerating Monopug’s squeaky voice.

  Monopug glared at Tim, but resumed his speech: "Well, let's get down to business then, I have done some decorating, so you better be grateful!” Monopug levered his stuffed arm into the air, and clicked his tiny fingers. 

  The ground began to rumble viciously. The sound of decorations smashing into the floor, and dropping from the ceiling echoed throughout the room. The rows of food were flung of the table as fast as light, prompting Jessica to let out a miniscule yelp. The gang all fell to the floor as if a pile of bricks were stacked on each of them. The stage began to raise from the middle, resulting it to create a painful creaking noise. The wooden stage snapped off into separate pieces, flinging excess chips in every direction.

  The vigorous vibrating starting to fade away, leaving the damages behind. The group slowly began to rise to their trembling feet. The gigantic statue of Monopug’s head stood idle in the place of the stage, just like the previous trial. As if a repeat, Monopug's long tongue was unwinded onto the floor, paving a path for the court room.

  Monopug proudly strolled onto the tongue, rolling into his own head. The group glanced at each other, and proceeded into the mouth of the headmaster...

  The students spilled into the frosty metal room. With a loud clunk noise from behind the walls. The group, for the second time, began to descend down, down into the room of judgement. The room where trust does not matter, and only despair is accounted for. The room where a murderer hides among a swarm of innocent souls. The room of Monopug...

  Topher's view ~

  I could see from the corner of my eye the expression of wonder applied to Alice's face. I found it odd how she could find this place interesting. The first time we went through this, I was filled with fear and nervousness, yet Alice seemed to be having the exact opposite reaction.