Thirty-nine

Minhyun

I stood in front of the mirror, changing into a simple black T-shirt and making sure that it is tugged in neatly and it doesn't look too messy. I am dressing up on a lovely Saturday afternoon and I have a reason to do that, I looked back at the letter on my desk and I sighed.

A few days later, after confessing my true feelings to Bae Yeongwon, I had received a handwritten letter by my father who has some news to tell me about but he couldn't say it directly to me because I left his lovely mansion to prove that I don't need his help. But guess what, I do really need his help and he wants me back as well because the woman that I hated is now gone and he is going to divorce her after almost 10 years of their marriage.

It seems like yesterday she visited me for the first time and introduced herself as my father's best friend and she was nice to me, little did I know that she would become my stepmother and the person who will replace my mother which I didn't ask for, no one can replace my mother and think that they can be my mother.

Well, this particular woman thought that she could be the one to replace my late mother and try to make me forget my mother, there is no way that I would ever forget the person who named me Minhyun, my father took no part in naming me and it is all my mother's idea to name me Minhyun and I loved my name because my mother named me.

I let out a huge sigh and I heard a groan from my friend, he was staring at me and shaking his head. "Don't ever think that you can avoid talking to your father, it has been weeks since you moved here and I bet that he misses you a lot as well."

"I think not, he is just asking me to go back so that he can add me back to the family register now that the woman is now gone and she is not going to come back ever again, I just hope that he doesn't go marry some other woman again. I will not accept anyone now that I have the right to decide such things for the family." I told him. "And I am still going to be here, I am not planning to move back now that the woman is not around."

"Why? She is not around and the burden is not here anymore, you can stay in your huge mansion for as long as you want because it is the place that you are supposed to be and it is your house." He asked me.

"Don't you want to earn that extra 200,000 won? I am still paying my rent to you every single month and I am not staying here for free, I am not going to move back just because I am his son and we are supposed to live together." I told him and I turned towards me, finally looking at him directly. "Don't you dare pack my stuff into luggage and place right at the living room when I return later, I swear that I am going to stay here for the rest of my life and never leave your side."

"That is some creeper behaviour right here, go back home before I start calling the police. And I still want to be friends with you so please return to your home as soon as possible, I want my life back." He told me. "Go for that meeting and see what happens, maybe he says that he misses you and wants you to return." He said before leaving the house and I shook my head in disbelief.

My father is never the type to say that to me he doesn't say anything ever since my mother left this world, he kept everything to himself and he is such a mysterious person. He is so mysterious that I didn't even realise that he had married that woman while I was still in school and that woman only told me about it a few days later, they didn't even have a wedding ceremony and now they are on the verge of divorce and I hope that they will divorce and there will be no woman who will try to replace my late mother.

I left the apartment, taking the letter with me and I took the bus, I wasn't in a hurry and my father didn't expect me to return home today. Maybe he is already at home and sitting on the couch waiting for me, he is unpredictable and I don't know what he is thinking even though I have half of his genes.

I arrived home and I was surprised to see that woman still around, I thought that she would hate to stay with my father in the same space. "Minhyun, you are here already?" She asked me and I nodded. "Your father is waiting for you in this study."

"You should've divorced him from a long time ago but instead you took nearly a decade to find out that he is not a good guy, you are slow in this aspect and I hope that I won't be seeing you around again," I told her.

"Goodbye, Minhyun. I hope that you will be happy." She said to me and I entered my father's study, he is going through some documents and he stopped as he saw me. "Take a seat first, have you read the letter?"

I nodded my head. "If you are going to convince me to move back, I am not going to do that and I am going to buy an apartment when I have the money."

"Hwang Minhyun, I know that you dislike me but you don't have to do that. You are still my son at the end of the day and you can't deny that you have almost 20% of the shares in my company. Now with your stepmother divorcing me, your percentage of the shares is going to increase and I want you to start working under the company, it is time for you to start preparing to take over the company." I knew that this day would come and I don't know how to tell my father that he is not going to have me as a successor as I don't plan to take over his company and I am going to be a nobody for the rest of my life.