Thirty-four

Yeongwon

"Could you stay here and watch me? I feel better when you are here with me and being with me, I don't feel so nervous when you are here with me." I really mean it when I asked Hwang Minhyun to stay with me while I do the radio show, it is not like he is very important to me but he is really that important to me.

Hwang Minhyun isn't just kind or thoughtful towards me, he had made a huge impact on my life ever since he came into my life, he stumbled upon me talking to myself on a random day and instead of ignoring me and going away to somewhere else, but he stayed and listened to me ramble on and on about myself. He wasn't like anyone that I have ever known other than my own family to pay so much attention to me, everyone else would usually try to avoid me at all costs and call me horrible names but Hwang Minhyun didn't do anything of that, he called me by my name and he stays next to me most of the time.

He wanted me to enjoy the life that I didn't have and he brought me to places where I can be myself and he did, the vintage café was a place for me to be myself and I was happy, I didn't remember anything that made me unhappy for a moment and I enjoyed that moment. But it was with Hwang Minhyun that I am happy, it is because he was next to me that I could relax and finally be myself.

So I wanted him to stay next to me while I do my radio show so that I could feel safe and protected by him, he is the only one who can make me feel protected and I could do anything with him around me. I even pleaded the DJ Jung SeWoon to allow Hwang Minhyun in the same recording room as the both of us during the airing, he initially didn't allow me to and he agreed to it because I told him that Hwang Minhyun is a very special person for me and I want him to stay near me so that I wouldn't feel so nervous anymore.

I looked towards Hwang Minhyun who is taking his seat next to Jung Sewoon's managers and he was looking at me with a reassuring look on his face. "Bae Yeongwon, breathe and relax." He mouthed the sentence to me and I smiled back at him, it is one thing that could make me feel relaxed.

I looked towards Jung SeWoon and I nodded my head and he starts the broadcast, I am waiting for the cue for him to introduce me and he tapped the table. I smiled and I exhaled before speaking into the microphone in the most confident voice that I know. "Hi viewers, this is Bae Yeongwon and I am the guest DJ for tonight. Nice to meet you guys, I hope that my voice can calm you down and make you sleep soundly."

The radio broadcast went by in a flash and the radio broadcast is over with me thanking the viewers because I am probably not going to appear on the radio show ever again, I am just a guest DJ and it is only for one show. But it is a fun experience doing a radio broadcast and I am kind of surprised that I am actually doing a radio broadcast and millions of people listening to me talk about myself and their stories.

"You did a really great job hosting the show with me, I would want you to continue doing the show with me but unfortunately you are still a high schooler and you can't stay up all night all the time, you need to study and get good grades in order to get into the university that you wanted to enrol in." Jung SeWoon told me when the show finished airing. "But I hope that we will have a chance to work with each other again, Bae Yeongwon ssi. I am sure that you will be even better at doing a radio show by the time you come back. I hope to see you soon, kiddo." He wanted to give me a hug but I declined, I don't like hugs and I would rather not do anything that involves skinship.

"Thank you for giving me this opportunity, Jung SeWoon ssi." I gave him a bow as he walks away and I got up, looking at his back view.

Hwang Minhyun comes up to me. "Shall we go now?" He asked me and I nodded.

We walked side by side to the lift and we didn't say anything to each other but it didn't feel as awkward but we are comfortable with the silence that we have, it is not like we don't know each other at all. "You did great in that recording booth, I know that you can do it and you did it." He told me when he was on the bicycle and I wrapped my arms around his waist, holding onto him for dear life.

"It is all thanks to you," I said to him. "Because you were there with me and I feel assured, Hwang Minhyun."

"I didn't do all of that, you believed in yourself as well and you did it. Because you believed in it, you could bring out the confidence and be the Bae Yeongwon that you have never known."

"Thank you, Hwang Minhyun for believing in me," I said to him and that was the last time that I spoke to him, for the last 5 minutes of the ride, I listened to the wind and felt the breeze rushing through me and the warmth that I felt from Hwang Minhyun's back, it was really comforting.

"Go back in right away and sleep, you need all of that rest so that you will wake up happier." He told me. "I am going now, take care of yourself and be more confident in yourself from now on." He waved at me and I made my way to my house when a sudden thought stopped me from doing that and I turned around and ran for Hwang Minhyun.

"Hwang Minhyun! Wait!" I called his name as I came close to him and pulled him down so that I can give him a kiss on the lips, it has been something that I have wanted to do ever since I fell for Hwang Minhyun and I like him.