Thirty-one

Minhyun

The mini radio broadcast show that Bae Yeongwon had done has turned out to be very successful just like what I have expected, I knew that she has the means to be a radio DJ and now she had a go at it, I am more convinced that she can be a real DJ and host her own shows on one of the biggest radio broadcasting stations in the future.

She didn't realize how good she can be in front of the broadcast but she has finally heard her own voice through the headphones as she speaks to the audience, DJ yeongwon is a totally different person from the usually shy and insecure Bae Yeongwon, she speaks with such confidence that the usual Bae Yeongwon can't be. And I kind of liked DJ Bae Yeongwon because she is not afraid of telling others her true opinions about anything that she wants to talk about but at the same time, the usual Bae Yeongwon is cool as well because she doesn't know how capable she can be as a person and DJ Yeongwon is there to push her to be a better person.

Bae Yeongwon isn't just good at speaking when she is in her broadcasting mode, she is that good at speaking that everyone in the café listened to her and gave her a standing ovation as soon as she is done with the broadcast, and on top of that, a well-known DJ who also works as a celebrity came into the café at the same time when Bae Yeongwon was doing her mini broadcast and he heard everything from the broadcast and he wanted her to join in his own show as a guest DJ.

He is Jung Sewoon and he is a solo artist who debuted not too long ago and now he has his own radio show that has quite a decent amount of listeners tuning into his show every Sunday midnight, I am one of the listeners and I usually would listen to his radio show when I have trouble falling asleep and he would be my lullaby and I am able to sleep peacefully thanks to his sweet voice.

"You should accept his offer, he is a very good radio DJ and his shows has a decent amount of listeners tuning in every single week," I told Bae Yeongwon while we were walking out of the café. "But the thing is that his broadcasts are at midnight and it could be a problem to be up that late and doing a radio broadcast."

"I know, I am one of his listeners and I never fail to tune in every week." She replied. "But I am not sure that I want to do it again, it seemed kind of terrifying for me."

"Terrifying in what way? You were great as a first-time DJ, everyone in the café clapped for you earlier and they liked your voice, Jung Sewoon said that about you as well and he would love it to have you on his show.  Or is it because your father wouldn't allow you to be outside at such a late timing?"

"That too, I am worried that I might not do well on his show, he is a legitimate DJ and I am just an amateur DJ who just did a mini broadcast just for fun, I can never be compared to someone like him." She sighed. "Should I just tell him that I am not up for it and he should find someone who has more courage than me to be able to appear on his show?"

Bae Yeongwon is right, she may have a nice voice but she doesn't have much experience in doing radio broadcasts, if she does appear on the show and doesn't perform as well, people will start to criticize her on everything and history will repeat itself again but this time, it is a nationwide thing and it doesn't really go away with time.

As much as I want her to take the offer, I would have to respect her wishes if she doesn't want to appear on the show if she doesn't want to. I can't force her to do the things that she doesn't want to do. "Alright, I will not force you to do that. But I have to say that you have a talent in radio broadcasting, that is something that you can't deny about that." We reached the bus stop. "If you really want to appear on that show just this once, just tell me and I will come to accompany you if your father is unwilling to take you there."

"You don't own a car and buses will stop running at that timing, How are you going to even accompany me?" She asked me and she is definitely talking a bit more to me, she was snapping at me before and now she is talking to me as if I am part of her family.

"I have a bicycle, I can do that and I will do anything for you just to make your dream come true." I immediately shut my mouth when I realized that I had messed up, what did I just say to her? She is looking at me with the same facial expression as me now, a little shocked at my words and I feel so bad now.

I cleared my throat. "I mean that I am your friend and it is my role to help you become happier than you are right now, but seriously take the offer and let all of South Korea listen to your amazing voice," I told her and I looked up at the bus that is driving in our direction. "Look, the bus is here."

We got on the bus and we sat down next to one another, it is a little awkward for us especially after what had happened to her. I pretended to look out of the window most of the time in order to avoid making accidental eye contact with her, it would be good for the both of us for now while we focus on our studies.

"Hwang Minhyun, I have a question that I have been always wanting to ask you for some time and I feel like it is the right time to ask you now." She asked me.

"What is it?" I replied to her.

"You have been going on and on about helping me achieve what I want to do as my future career but you have never talked about yourself, about what you want to do when you grow up. You have one of the best grades in the class but yet it seems like you are clueless about what you want to do in the future."

"Isn't that an easy thing? It is either I get a boring job or I will do something that no one is better than me at, I will do the latter." I told her. "If I have to choose, I would want to be a songwriter because I can play the piano." I would want to be the Hwang Minhyun that my mother wants me to be and kill off my father and his mistress if I have to...