Chapter 1

Renée's POV

I don't really like going out, I only go out to work and school. Yet, here I am, in front of a mall. Waiting.

"Ren-Ren!!!" - A voice called out to me from my left side.

Here's this girl, the reason why I'm outside on this sunny day. Though despite being sunny, London looks gloomy, as it has always been.

"Hey, Baby" - I called out to her with a lazy wave of my hand.

No, she's not my girlfriend and I'm not a dude, nor am I a lesbian. That's just her nickname.

Her name? Clementine Claremont. A gorgeous girl. Rich. Smart. Talented. Just think of all compliment and give it to her. She's a high teir.

Me? Renée Lewis. Below your average girl. Broke. I'm a bit good looking but not even half of her. Athletic. Computer geek. Anime lover too.

I wonder why she's hanging out with me though. I'm literally a nobody.

We actually met three months ago, in HER café. You see? She's 17 years old but is already a Co-owner of a Cafe. And here I am a part timer at a convenience store a few blocks from my rented house.

"I like your shirt!" - She exclaimed when she reached me.

"Why all of the sudden?" - I said rolling my eyes at her with a smile.

"Where did you get this??"- She ask giggling a bit at my attitude.

" It's an old shirt you dummy, I don't even remember where I bought this,probably in some unknown store." - I replied.

She then locked our arms and guided me inside the mall.

"Why did you ask to come out today of all days?" - Me

" I dunno, I don't have inspiration to write another book, And we have no class this week. So I thought of going out." - Clementine

Right, she's also a wattpad writer.

"why? Are you busy??" - Clementine ask, a bit worried.

"Hmm? Not really, I just thought of watching my favourite animes" - I replied.

"Oh you had plans" - she said cutely with a pout.

I just laughed at her.

"Where do you plan to go?" - I ask which lightened up her face.

"Arcade!!!" - She exclaimed excitedly.

She's like a little kid,but there are times when her mature side comes out without warning and I don't really like that side. She became like a mother (not that it's bad being a mother but...)

By the way, I'm two years older than her, but we're on the same year, in the same school, I stopped once because of financial issues. It's actually strange to have a high teir like her to study in my school, but I think she chose my school because it's a bit unknown. She have a little bit of freedom in there.

So that's what happened. We spent the entire morning playing games at the arcade, though she's the one who paid for everything, insisting that she's the one who invited me, thus, all the payments are her responsibility, I did insist to pay my share, but she's always been stubborn.

After eating lunch, we went to a book store where she bought five books, she love reading. Then walked around the park for a while before saying goodbye.

She was picked up by her personal butler while I head home walking since my rented house is just around the corner, not far from the park.

When I got home, I rested for a bit at the sofa in the living room until I heard noises above. I stood up frowning, I then grabbed a broom I found beside the stairs.

As I went up, I heard a loud banging, as if something's s jumping up and down. I realise the noise came from the attic. There's nothing really in there, just some empty boxes from when I moved in here.

The attic is connected to my room, and the stairs for it is just beside my closet. When I went up the noise died down.

The moment I opened the door, I just saw something red and black jumping in front of me, causing me to fall on my butt.

There, staring at me, are cats of different colors,1,2,3,4,...10... Ten goddam cats.

"Shit" - the first thing that came out of my mouth.

They were just staring at me. And I to them. Until I realized that they were inside my house. I ran around looking at every room, every closet, under the table, bathrooms and outside the house. I then checked my own cctv. I found no intruder. Except the cats. I examined the attic but found no hole in which they could get in.

After calmly panicking, yes, calmly. I gathered the Cats in the living room where they walked around, letting the surrounding sink in to their heads, they then came back in front of me,sitting and staring at me as if waiting for me to say something or explain something.....???

Now, that's strange. All of them did that at the same time. That is strange.

I'm not good at talking to animals. I need help. God help me.

And as if hearing my prayer, my phone suddenly rang loudly causing the cats to jump and run. One ran under the sofa, another under the table, 3 ran up back to my room, and the rest I don't even know where.

Clementine.

As I answered the call I could see the cats reflection on the TV, slowing walking back in the living room. Slowly like their spying me.

"HEY REN-REN!!! ARE YOU BUSY? DID YOU GET HOME? CAN I COME OVER?" - she said excitedly.

Her loud voice in a loud speaker caused the cats to ran back to their hiding spots.

"I need you help"- the only thing I said.