𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟸𝟶 - 𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞

Run.

Run. Do not stop.

As fast as you can.

Do not look back.

For any reason. Run.

And save yourself.

That is what keeps ringing in her head like a mantra for the last ten minutes.

And like her mom said, she was running, but ...

... but she didn't want to lose her too, she had to stay there in case her mom and her friend needed help.

And this thought blocked the child's steps. Gradually Nabi's feet began to slow their speed as she thought of a place where she could hide. 'Fast. Fast!' her rational part kept yelling at her.

A safe place, all she needed was a safe place, accessible only to someone of her stature and flexibility. And analyzing with the little time she had before escaping, she could count at least four men of massive tonnage. Climbing a tree was the only place she could think of at that moment; thinking back to the build of those men, Nabi concluded that they wouldn't be able to even climb the first branch of the plant. Unless they had been doing gymnastics and the mere thought of those men in a tight leotard brought a mocking grin on her face.

After located the lowest branch, Nabi, placed a firm grip onto it with her strongest paw. Making sure she had a strong grip on the branch, with all the strength and stamina that was left in her body, the girl lifted herself upwards carefully.

Continuing the vertical ascent, she navigated her way towards her next limb to engage. But there was no accessible branch above her, it meant that she needed to explore the other side.

Yes, it was a dangerous route, nevertheless, the child bear-hugged the core of the tree and then proceed to shimmy her way cautiously to the nearest branch.

While trying to climb the trunk of the tree, the little girl, thinking of placing her foot on a knot of the tree placed her heel, instead, on a mushroom and this broke due to the weight. In doing so, the child lost her balance and slipped sideways, taking her right arm with her on the rough trunk of the tree.

The little girl tried to suppress the cries of pain and thinking only of her mother, she did her best to climb only with the healthy arm, as the other was deeply shaved by splinters and Nabi was afraid to look at the injured limb.

She started progressing upwards once more, sobbing silently, while maintaining her center of gravity and balance in every alteration or maneuver she would make. Finally, she has reached the top of the tree then she tore off a piece of the dress she was wearing and she picked up some of the fresh resin from the branch and applied it to the large wound, afterwards Nabi tied the cloth on her injured arm.

Listening to her mom's garden lectures came in handy after all.

'...the application of resin on wounds and sores significantly improves healing, speeding up skin repair processes and calming inflammation' that's what her mom had said a few days ago while they were walking in this woods, but Nabi never thought that she would need it this fast.

The light and sweet chirping that lulled the little girl's mind stopped and was replaced by a flock that flapped its wings and flew away from the landscape. Numerous footsteps could be heard as the leaves were rubbing against the skin of the boots.

Rattling chains. Loaded weapons. Sharp eye. Whispering to each other. Head whipped continuously to left, right, front, and back.

"Where's that little bitch? Come out ... I can smell your scent up to here ... Come on darling, I don't bite. The game is now over" one of the men said out loud, knowing that Nabi could hear him.