𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 25

'Are you sure Lewis can handle the kids alone?' I asked Kylie while reading over the menu, Wilson's bar do actually offers exquisite dishes besides the liquor.

'You've never asked if I can handle the kids alone,' Kylie replied while browsing through the menu. Her voice is dull and flat.

'Something happened,' I conclude.

Kylie stops and sighs.

'Few days ago Lewis kind of freak out when I told him about the wine,' there's a hint of guilt as I mentioned it.

Kylie place the menu away, sip a glass of water and stare at the window.

My chest is getting tighter to know that something serious has happened. Maybe that's an expensive bottle of wine, maybe he doesn't like it when Kylie is drunk or whatever, it's not for me to judge.

From far, I can see Wilson sitting at the bar, talking with the bartenders. My three piece suit boyfriend looks charming as usual, and of course, there's chances that predators might be preying for my boyfriend.

'There's an addition.' Kylie spoke.

'I'm sorry?' I returned my attention to her.

'I said there's an addition.' She repeats.

'What addition?' I narrowed my eyes and leaned closer to her.

Kylie just sat there, unmoved, her eyes were gazing at me and they are filled with blankness.

For a while, I kind of guessed the meaning of addition. 'How many weeks?'

'Four.' She bite her lips.

'So, Lewis knew?'

'Which explains why he's mad about the wine.'

'God, I—he must be mad at me as well.' I couldn't be more regretful than this, it's obviously why he is mad.

'That's not the issue.'

'I haven't seen you taking any order, can I offer some recommendations?' Wilson showed up, at the worst possible time.

'Not now!' I mouthed at him.

'I need wine for God's sake,' Kylie whined and pressed her forehead against her palm.

'That's exactly what we offer here as well,' Wilson glee again.

'No, she doesn't need any,' I stood up and hook my arms over Wilson's and drag him away.

'What's wrong, did I said something wrong?' Wilson clarified as we reached the bar.

'No, she's pregnant.' I turn around and made sure Kylie is still sitting there.

'And she asked for wine? Drinking alcohol in the first trimester will increase the risk of miscarriage, premature baby and—,'

'Which is why she asked for wine,' I sigh, 'I should go back to her,'

'Wait, Moo, why not I suggest the VIP area upstair?' Wilson hinted at the golden stair, 'I think she's gonna need some space for the coming episode.'

Turns out, it's nice when your boyfriend owns the place. It's really, really nice to enjoy the privileges, I won't be hypocrite about this.

Without further ado, we were instantly upgraded. I can see Kylie is secretly glad with that, but she's just keeping it to herself.

'You told Wilson I'm pregnant?' Kylie observed the dishes and drinks that were offered, 'kale juice, quinoa? That's nice of him but—,' she's trying hard not to sound offensive but her body language is showing otherwise.