The Last Task

In the last few months, mine and Cedrics relationship has slowly built back up to normal.

At the Yule Ball we had a quick dance, but Cho got jealous so I spent the rest of the evening sitting with Harry and Ron. Harry being in a better mood then Ron.

Ron refused to dance so his date left him, I got Harry to dance with me. Other than Ron's bad mood the Yule Ball was quite fun.

Me and Neville haven't spoken since that day

Me and Cedric started to prepare for the last task, which we were unaware of.

"Ok so Cedric, you remember everything I taught you. Expelliarmus, Aguamenti, Lumos, everything?" I fussed over the books, looking for the pages about the spells. "Y/n" he grabbed my hand "I know it all, it's 2 a.m. Go to bed" He put the books on a stack and stood up, "I'll see you at the field tomorrow, goodnight" he gave me a hug, then left the library.

As I was walking back to the common room, I bumped into Draco. "Hey cousin" he said, obviously not trying to be nice in any way "We aren't cousins Draco" I looked around to make sure no one was around. "Why so ashamed y/n? You're pure blood and the cousin of me, if anything you should be making sure everyone knows that" "Get away from me Draco, if you haven't realized it already. I am nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing like Bellatrix"

Then I don't know what came inside of me

But I slapped Draco

"Why you little-" before he could finish his sentence, Snape came up behind us "Getting a bit... violent? are we Ms Slughorn" I gulped "10 points from Hufflepuff for violence on campus"

Draco gave me a smirk then walked away.

The Next Day...

Cedric looked like he was about to vomit in the common room,

"Ced, you need to eat something" I said, while attempting to drag him out the portrait "Y/n, I'm really not hungry" he got up and was about to head for his dorm, I grabbed his shoulder and turned him around "Cedric Diggory, I am going down to get you a plate of food. and once I come back up you are going to eat it, ok?" I didn't even let him answer, I just left.

"Hey y/n, where's Cedric?" Susan asked I piled the plate with eggs and toast "He doesn't feel like eating, so I'm bringing him food" I said and walked upstairs.

Oh and what do you know?

I bump into Neville Longbottom

"H-hey y/n" he almost yells, "Hello Neville" I said, trying to pretend like I don't still have a crush on him. "W-Where are y-you going?" "I'm bringing Cedrics food up" "O-Oh f-fun" I then walked by him, I guess I'm still annoyed about the fact that he asked Ginny to the ball. I should stop being so selfish, what's the point of liking someone who's life was basically ruined by the women who birthed you.

"Hey Ced, I've got your food" I said as I re-entered the common room, "Thanks y/n, but I'm really not that hungry," he pushed the plate aside and just sat there, pondering?

Me and Cedric talked for a bit, and next thing we knew. It was time for Cedric to proceed towards the last task.

"Boy!" His father said running in our direction, "Come on, they're about to call you out" "Good luck Ced" I said as I hugged him hard. "You can do this" his father dragged him across the field and into a tent.

I went to sit with my fellow Hufflepuffs to cheer Cedric on with them.

Before we knew it, the tournament had started. "This is so worrying" Rolf said as he clutched the flag that he, and one of the other Hufflepuffs Leo were holding. "It is" I said looking over the maze, trying to see if I can find something.

Suddenly

A burst of red light came up for Fleur, the Beauxbatons girls all gasped.

Then the maze started to push itself all together.

Krum came out, but Harry and Ced didn't. "Where are they?" Leo and Rolf said, the fear was building up in me chest.

Until

They both landed back here, Cedric and Harry on the ground.

The music started playing and we all started cheering for them

I ran down the stands to hug Cedric when I noticed how he was laying down and wasn't moving

And Harry was latching on to his body crying

Suddenly, Amos Diggory pushed pass the crowd

Then like a bag of bricks it hit me

Cedric was dead.