CHAPTER 23 : ...

January 19th.... 5 p.m

"Y/n?" Blaise questioned approaching me, "Oh, erm yes Blaise?" After that day things were quite different between us, maybe in a good way for him but not me. I honestly felt quite guilty, as if I used Blaise and gave him the wrong idea. After Neville saw us that day, he wouldn't even look at me anymore. Perhaps I did truly make him jealous, but at the moment it was quite hard to tell.

"I was just thinking... what are we?" He sat on the couch next to me, keeping his hand fairly close to mine. "What do you mean?" I questioned, knowing exactly what he meant but not wanting to move on from Neville. "I mean, are we like dating? or..." my face turned red as I sat there, "Maybe? I'm not sure," I tried remaining as honest as I could, "I mean, do you want to be my girlfriend?" I didn't know what to say, thoughts of Neville and Luna together coursed through my head. Maybe it is time I moved on from him, and with that "I mean, of course!" I smiled up at him,

He started to look excited and happy, he bent down and planted a kiss on my lips as my face turned red.

                                                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So, how are you and Blaise?" Pansy questioned me as we sat down to do homework, "what do you mean?" "like, you've made it official right?" She asked, dipping her quill in ink. "oh yeah, we have, I think we're doing well together right now."  things between me and Blaise were the same, but I guess just filled with him holding my hand and giving me random kisses.

"Why hello ladies" Leo said hopping over the sofa and putting his arm around my shoulder, "ew" I pushed his harm away from me and lightly hit him. "Did you hear? Longbottom rejected Looney Lovegood" Leo leaned back, chuckling "and why would we need to know this?" "Oh, just found it amusing, don't know why you're so bothered" I looked directly at him, he obviously knows why I'm so bothered. Ever since me and Blaise started dating, I've decided I'm going to be an amazing girlfriend. And for once not screw things up, doing all of that meant being open with Blaise and completely erasing my past exes from my mind.

"Hey guys? I forgot my charms book in the Great Hall, I'll be right back!" I pushed Leo away from me and walked down the moving stairs, trying to be careful not to fall. I watched as a first year nearly walked off, "hey! be careful!" I grabbed onto his arm, pulling him back onto the stairs, "You okay?" He looked up at me, obviously scared. "I-I-I" just then the stairs moved and he ran away, I sighed and continued down towards the Great Hall.

Just then I tripped over someone, it was Luna Lovegood sleeping at the bottom of the stairs. "Ah, oh no" her voice sounded far away, and emotionless. "Oh goodness, are you okay?" I looked down at her, making sure she's okay, "Oh yes, of course, I just didn't realize I fell asleep, that's all!" She looked sad as she continued looking around with some fancy pink glasses on, "is everything okay? you look quite sad," I asked her sitting down, though I knew what had her feeling so down. "Oh yes of course, I'm just a bit sad about the rumors going about me and Neville, could you believe it? Me ask Neville out?" I looked at her confused,

"What do you mean?" "All I did was ask Neville if he wants to hear about nargles, he didn't even respond before that Leo person started telling people Neville rejected me." She sighed, her voice still having that far away sound.

"That's not good," I frowned at her, suddenly remembering my charms book and a Pansy and Leo waiting for me, though I'm quite annoyed with Leo at the moment. He must've heard them right, so what was the point of that rumor?

I got so lost in my mind that I didn't even realize that there, sat Neville. I looked at him, he seemed to be caring for some sort of plant. I wanted to talk to him so bad, I wanted to let him know that I would never have betrayed him, and that I'm nothing like my mum. But I guess I can't blame him, it's like being best friends with your parents murderers child (terrible reference, but you know) but the thing is, what if that child isn't in over their head, what if that child is a good person, who's given you every reason to be trusted? Yeah I didn't tell him about my mom, but I'm sure he would've done the same if our situations were the same.

Though Neville was only 10 feet away, he felt forever away, like we would never really get to be together...

_______________________________________________________________

Hi loves! I just wanna say that in the last two-three chapters I have given small spoilers to the ending, though it isn't fully decided yet (and dw the ending isn't soon)
And, I'm literally so sorry it's taken so long for me to release this chapter, the draft I had saved on my computer somehow deleted?? So I had to basically rewrite what my very little brain could remember 😍😍