But for the first time in forever, Jungkook doesn't mind at all.

________

Jungkook starts gently mixing the salad so it will have just the perfect blend for when it has to be put on the table tonight. He quickly finishes the first bowl and covers it up with some foil so he can put it in the fridge until evening.

He and Jin have been preparing the food for the past 2 hours. They are really going all in on this, making a three course meal just as if it was some fancy midtown restaurant. Jungkook is grateful that his father wants to help him out, considering it's probably one of the biggest days in his life.

The male smiles gently and places the last bowl inside the refrigerator before washing his hand and taking off his apron. He still has to prepare himself so he's looking somewhat decent for this date, even though he doesn't have that much fancy clothes. 

Maybe he should borrow the outfit he had from Hoseok? He still haven't remembered to return it to the elder, so it's lying cleaned and nicely in Jungkook's closet. Mmm, but wouldn't it be weird to wear that again?

He grumbles with the question in his mind as he leaves the kitchen and starts heading up the stairs. He can slowly feel the nerves are starting to pinch around in his body, knowing that there's less than two hours until Taehyung will enter their front door. Pretty crazy being this worked up because of a simple date, right?

Jungkook walks into his room and opens up his closet. As mentioned, he doesn't have the biggest selection of fancy clothes, but he does have a few pieces that he wears whenever they are going to visit family or maybe celebrating their birthdays. He lifts up a shirt... boring. Next one... too small. Next... too big? After wearing only about 3 sets of clothes since he was 15, it's not that weird that some of his clothes doesn't fit him anymore.

He annoyingly keeps rummaging through the many layers, discarding piece after piece. Style has never been that much of an issue for Jungkook, but maybe it will start becoming one now.

"Can't decide?" he hears Jin enter the room but he doesn't turn around to look at his father, too busy deciding. 

"I don't know what he would like... I don't want to be underdressed. Taehyung always wears such nice clothing," Jungkook mumbles, probably more a reminder to himself that he should definitely be more on the fancier side. But how is he supposed to do that when everything he owns is fluffy and comfy enough to drown in!?

"Though it might be like that," Jin says and Jungkook frowns slightly to himself. He pulls back from the closet and looks over at his father, his jaw dropping the second his eyes land on the nicely held-up clothes in Jin's hand. 

"Wha-" Jungkook is slightly flabbergasted. That's an actual brand! How expensive is that?

"I think it was time to buy you some formal clothes, we have been talking about it for a long time after all," Jin smiles at his star-struck son. Indeed, Jin has been considering to buy some nicer clothes for Jungkook for a long time, but the economy has never been good for them so he hasn't been able to. However, he spotted a chance today and he took it. 

"D-Dad, I can't accept this..." Jungkook says and walks closer. He gently holds under the clothes and runs his hand down the soft fabric. He can feel it's amazing quality, showing that it's made to hold for many years to come. It consists of a pair of velvet trousers, a nice white shirt and a habit jacket that is perfect for a young, handsome man like Jungkook. 

"Don't go all humble on me, I want you to have it," Jin says and hands Jungkook the full set, "I think you should just wear the trousers and the shirt for today, then you won't be too overdressed either."

Jungkook just looks down at the clothes, still not knowing what to say. It has been a long time since he got new clothes, so of course it makes him overly happy and giddy. He can't wait to get it on and see how he looks. He smiles, "thank you."

"You don't have to thank me."

Jin leaves him alone so he can change and goes down to prepare some more food. They still have a lot to do before the guest arrives, like decorating the table and prepare the last dishes for the meal. 

Jungkook quickly heads in the shower before dragging on the nice clothes. He can feel how it lies softly on his skin and he can't hold back a smile as he looks into the mirror once he has it all on. It fits him absolutely perfectly and makes him look like more than just a boy with anxiety problems. It makes him look like a man.

 When he's satisfied with how the clothing is sitting, he walks back into the bathroom and quickly corrects his hair to his liking

 When he's satisfied with how the clothing is sitting, he walks back into the bathroom and quickly corrects his hair to his liking. It has never been something he has bothered fixing, but he learned quite a few tricks from Jimin. He even learned how to put on some make-up.

His heart is pounding in his chest as he finally goes back downstairs, seeing his father putting the last accessories on the table before standing back and looking at the romantic setup he made. He smiles and nods satisfied, glad he could make it comfortable yet pretty. When he hears the door shot he looks up and stares over at his son. 

A sense of pride and happiness fills up his system as he looks Jungkook up and down. The male looks stunning, dressed up so nicely for the occasion. Jin doesn't regret for one second that spend some hard earned money on new clothing.  

"H-How do I look?" Jungkook asks shyly and looks down at the floor, his hands fiddling uncomfortably with each other. Jin chuckles slightly at that and walks over, lifting his son's chin so their eyes once again can meet.

"You look amazing," he says. Jungkook bites his lip to hold back a smile and Jin pulls him into a tight hug. "And then be yourself, okay? You're more than perfect Jungkook, I hope you know that."

Jin pulls back and gently rests a hand on Jungkook's cheek. The boy nods, knowing that this isn't something that would be troublesome for any other young-adult but for him... it's a goal he never though he would reach.

Jungkook's soul almost leaves his body as the doorbell to the backdoor rings, indicating that Taehyung has arrived. Jin smiles and heads for the door, but before opening it he looks back at Jungkook and makes a power-pose.

"Let's get this bread!"